Missing Out

"He just seems so emotionally detached from me now. It's as if I'm talking to a brick wall sometimes." Chris blew out an exaggerated breath and shifted in his seat.

"Chris, would you like to add to that?" The marriage counselor asked. Chris shook his head no.

"See what I mean." She said, rolling her eyes.

"Chris, you won't get anywhere with your wife if you don't communicate. Whatever your problem is with her, tell her before she starts coming up with her own. She's gonna start overthinking and creating issues she thinks you have with her because you won't talk to her and tell her yourself." Sabrina nodded, agreeing with everything the counselor was saying. Chris looked at her before sighing.

"I-.... I feel like you don't have time for me anymore ." Sabrina frowned

"What are you talking about?"

"It's just, I like feeling like I'm in control. Like she don't have to want for nothing cause I can always say "I got it" I like spoiling her and knowing she depends on me. She just started branching off on her own and it's just like she don't need me anymore. I'm proud of her success , I really am but it's kinda hard not to get a little jealous. It just kinda hurts a mans pride to know he's not his wife's financial support."

"Sabrina, how do you feel about that?"

"I think that's crazy. Are you jealous of my success?"

"No I'm proud of you and I'm glad you're finally doing what you love. I just... I miss the way things used to be."

"But Chris just because I'm making a little more money than I used to doesn't mean I don't need you. You're my husband, I get it, you wanna spoil me. I love spoiling you too. You make way more money than me yet I'm always spending money on you or doing something for you right? " He nodded

"Okay then. You don't have to support me financially. Support me emotionally, be there for me, communicate, show me love, give me good- never mind. But I'm sure you get the point. Just because I can go in the Gucci store without you now doesn't mean it has to affect our relationship." Sabrina joked, giving a small laugh, followed by Chris and even the counselor.

"I'm sorry for being so childish about the situation. I shouldn't have let my pride and emotions get the best of me. You forgive me?" He asked, poking his lip out. Sabrina giggled.

"Of course I forgive you idiot." She stood up and grabbed his hand, pulling him out of his chair and wrapping his arms around her waist. She stood on her toes, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing his puckered lips.

"I love you okay?" He asked looking down at her,brushing her hair back with his hand.

"I love you too Chris." She smiled. The marriage counselor leaned back in his chair and clapped his hands. The couple jumped, forgetting anybody was watching.

"See what a simple conversation can do?"

"Yes. Thank you doc but I needa take her home so we can catch up on some things we been missing out on." Chris said winking. The doctor held his hand up, letting Chris know he understood exactly what he meant and didn't wanna hear more.

"Your check'll be in the mail." Chris called out , half way out of the door as Sabrina dragged him out of the room.

Time to see what they've been missing out on.

*