get to you

Hillary.

"Y'all can we leave?" I asked my friends, noticing Chris was approaching me out of my peripheral vision.

"Why, what's wrong?" They asked, not paying it any attention.

"Hey ladies." I closed my eyes and mentally cursed.

"Oh.. hey Chris." They all spoke, shifting around awkwardly.

"Hey Hillary, you look beautiful." He smiled, pushing his glasses up. I gave a tight lipped smile back.

"Thank you."

"Can I buy you another drink?" He asked, noticing my glass barely had anything left in it.

"We were actually just about to leave." I gave the girls a look so they could agree.

"Yeah, it's pretty dead here." They piggybacked.

"Oh, you guys can come to my house. We can have a party there." I palmed my forehead.

"That's nice of you but no thanks."

"Yeah, thanks for the offer." We all sat our glasses down and made our way towards the exit.

"That was weird.." One of my friends spoke. I sighed as I climbed in the drivers side.

"I never would've thought that Chris Brown was like.. a weirdo." They all laughed but I was serious. When I first met him, I was starstruck. We had a conversation, which turned into more conversations, links, phone calls. Then he started acting too clingy and possessive. That's one thing I don't like, especially if we're not official or haven't been talking for that long.

"Let's go to that club." Turning on my signal light, I turned into the club she was pointing at. It looked kinda packed, but since we were ladies, it wasn't hard for us to get in.

As we felt the layout of the club, danced around a little bit and smiled in a couple attractive faces, we found our way to the bar.

"What can I get for you?" The short, heavily tatted bar tender asked.

"Can I get a liquid marijuana?" She nodded and looked at the rest of the girls for their order.

"Thank you." We all spoke as she passed out our drinks.

"No problem." She said, walking away.

"So guys, I have good news." I said, taking a sip of my drink.

"What?"

"I got a job interview tomorrow at noon."

"Really!? That's great." They exclaimed.

"And you in the club drinking? You brave." I laughed and looked over as the bartender came back, placing another drink in front of me.

"I didn't order this." I frowned. She pointed down the bar.

"It's on him." My heart dropped as I locked eyes with Chris.

"He followed us here!?" I took a deep breath and hopped off the barstool, stomping over to him.

"What are you doing!?" He ignored me.

"Who is that?" He asked. Matching his gaze, I laid eyes on some guy I had been dancing with a little earlier.

"I don't know! Chris look, you're a nice guy and all, but this isn't going to work. You're too clingy and jealous and we've only known each other for a month and some change. I really don't want to be a bitch here, but if you don't stop, i'm going to have to get a restraining order. Are we clear?" He hesitated before nodding. Something about his blanked out facial expression gave me this wasn't the last of it.. What have I gotten myself into?