The Villain

Dean

My class settles down, each of them going silent as I walk into the room with more anger than I've had in my entire life.

And I've been angry plenty.

I drop my messenger bag beside my desk and then leisurely roll up my sleeves.

"Good morning," I begin. "Today I'm cutting class short. But before you go, I have an assignment for each of you." My eyes meet land on Tristan, and I resist the need to throat punch the fucker.

I've got plans later for that.

No, instead I'm going to scare him a bit.

"The assignment is this: write a 10,000 word essay on something you regret in life. Something that you wish you hadn't done, or a past mistake you want to go back and redo..." I trail off and then shift my eyes to the other students who are writing down the assignment.

I flick my eyes back to Tristan who furrows his brows and looks uncomfortable in his chair. Good. He's getting it.

"Due in one week. See you all next class."

I wait for all my students to exit, a weird energy in the air from them all questioning my strange assignment and ending class as soon as it begun.

But as they filter out, I stare at the one student who's lingering, unsure about something. If he were smart, he'd have been the first one out of his seat.

"Tristan. Did you need something?"

"No, um. I guess not." He quickly walks towards the door.

"Did it feel as if I were speaking to you? Because I was."

He turns around before his hand touches the door knob. "Wh-what?"

I chuckle at his stammer and stride over to the door locking it. I watch him back away from me with a knowing glint in his eyes. Oh he's scared right now. How fucking delightful.

"Have a seat."

Tristan opens his mouth to respond, but I growl out, "have. A. Seat."

Tristan immediately sits down in the closest chair.

"Very good," I croon in a mocking matter. "You can pay attention after all. I'm pleasantly surprised."

"What the hell is this about?"

"Not so smart though. Let me enlighten you." I pull out my cell and show him the picture he sent of Belle in his bed.
"You drugged my girl? Put your nasty, filthy hands on her?"

His eyes wide and he gets up, but I grab his shirt and slam him up against the nearest wall. 

"You're going to shut your fucking mouth about Belle and I. We are not any of your concern. You will not tell anyone about us being in a relationship, or else I'll have you arrested on multiple charges. Don't think you can weasel your way out of that mess, because I'll ruin your fucking reputation."

"Get your hands off me!"

I let go of his shirt but straighten it instead, getting rid of the wrinkles I've managed to make. He sneers up at me while I lean close to his ear.