Gone for Good

Chapter 6

                Dean and I sit in companionable silence at the bar area of his hotel room. Both of us have dressed; me in my dress from the previous day, him in a fresh white t-shirt and jeans. We haven’t said much since the fight in the bathroom. Mostly we’ve been polite towards each other. After he dressed he left to get breakfast foods so he could cook here. When he returned not much later, he went straight to cooking with an intense, distracted look upon his face.

“How are your eggs?” he looks up from his plate. We’re sitting on uncomfortable stools and I squirm around.

“Good. Thank you.” And they really are. I fork another bit into my mouth.

“I want to see you tonight.”

I swallow quite loudly, my eyes growing bigger, “So we can do ‘IT’ again, Professor?”  I immediately regret my brass comment, my unease about the situation making me nervous and therefore rude.  Dean reaches for my hand in a flash and grabs my wrist sharply. His grip is harsh.

“I’ve told you once, Belle, that this isn’t a game. I won’t be called your Professor just when you feel the need to because you’re angry. I understand you’re feeling lost about what to do here. I am your teacher, but I’m also your lover. I would like to think we’re past this. Last night changed who I am to you.”

“And what are you to me? You were my first, yes, but maybe you were right earlier. I need to think about this. I don’t want to ruin your career.”

“Don’t worry about such things. You need to keep in mind your own career. I have you for a semester, and then you’re free. It’s not going to be a problem as long as we’re discreet.”

I pull my hand away from his grasp. What the hell am I doing? Why does he even want to risk it? Was I that good of a lay that he wanted more of me? I sigh, letting my thoughts take center stage. If I continued having sex with him, I would want more. I already do want more. I look him in the eyes and tell him the truth.

“I don’t think my heart could take it.”

His eyes eyebrows scrunch together, as if in question. He doesn’t understand.

“I need to go now, Dean.” I sound resigned. I get up from the stool, my ass thanking me in the process, and grab my clutch. Dean stands too, almost shocked I’d want to walk away so fast from him. 

“We need to finish our conversation come sit down,” he gestures to the couch, I back away closer to the door, “Please?” 

“Thank you Dean, You’ve shown me kindness in the most unexpected way. I’ll never regret what we did.” I reach for the door and open is slowly. “I’ll see you in class,” I whisper unsure if he can hear me. I wiggle out of the Hotel room and out of sight of him.

“Don’t close that door, Belle!”

I close the door quickly, rushing to the elevator. I push the button pointing down and the doors open slowly, I can see him running towards the door but I’ve had the lead. I’ve already pushed the button to close them and I can’t see Dean’s angry expression anymore.