Classroom Woes

I have my plans set, after the party tonight I'll head over to Dean's, spend the night there and then head out tomorrow to visit my Aunt. I'm excited and nervous to finally sit down and talk with her. I really miss her and my cousins.

"Ugh, save your Romeo act for someone who cares," Eve whispers to Tristan beside her. I haven't been paying any attention to their conversation though I'm sure it's about her party tonight. We're in class, more specifically, Dean's class.

"Belle would. Wouldn't ya sweetness?" He asks and I turn my head in his direction. "What?"

"Tonight, come with me to the party, we can go together. It'll be fun."

"Oh, uh." I stammer, trying to think of a good enough reason to say no.

"Tristan eyes ahead."

Tristan's head whips to the front of the room where Dean is leaning against his desk, arms crossed.

"Sorry Professor," he says sheepishly.

Eve giggles beside me. I give her a glare.

"Care to explain the main character in the chapter we were discussing?" Dean taunts. I really hope he isn't doing this because he thinks Tristan likes me.

"I wasn't paying attention."

"Yes, I realized that. You were speaking with Eve and Belle it looked like. What were you saying?" He tilts his head slightly then pushes off from the desk to walk closer to Tristan.

"Oh uh...just planning for the weekend." He breathes out a laugh then tries to hide it with clearing his throat.

"What's happening this weekend?" He asks like he already knows. Which is true because he does know about Eve's birthday party.

"Hanging with these two girls all night hopefully," he jokes and the class laughs. My eyes dart straight to Dean and his jaw twitches. The only obvious sign of his mood change. The class doesn't notice the way his eyes glower, or the tensing of his muscles in his shoulders and arms. His shirt sleeves are folded up mid-arm to reveal such.

I try and catch his attention to let him know it's okay, it's just a joke. He doesn't look my way. Probably the best course of action. I'm going to kill Tristan for that stupid remark.

"Is that so." It doesn't even come out as a question. His voice sounds darker, more gruff.

"Oh yeah, all night long." And the class is full of snickers and someone yells out "get it!" All while Tristan sits back looking every bit the bad boy he portrays to be. I grit my teeth at his disgusting innuendo. I speak up finally.

"You couldn't handle us all night long you ass." I speak directly to Tristan. Beside me Eve laughs loudly along with a few of our classmates.

"Enough." Professor Niren finally ends our ridiculous scene. "Tristan, keep your eyes up here. I don't want to hear another thing from you the rest of class."
He turns around to walk to the massive whiteboard and continues his lesson.

The rest of the hour he talks and writes on the board about character development while we take notes. The bell rings and Tristan is the first to walk out. Eve looks at me and nods her head at Dean.

"Staying after?" She whispers for my ears only.

"Yeah."

"See you tonight!" Then she walks off with a wave of her fingers. I wait until everyone steps out, slowly putting my books in my bag giving me time. Dean is at his desk gathering up papers and he doesn't look up at me once. I know he knows I'm still here though.