Deans Moods

Chapter 9

“Hey it’s Professor Niren, we should ask him to play a game.” Tristan waves, oblivious to the cold hard glare I’m receiving from him.

“Um, maybe,” I mutter.

My heart is racing and I can’t stop staring at his blue shirt that shows off his toned muscles and dark pants caressing his long legs. I know what he looks like under the clothes. I blush, my eyes going wide. He smirks like always, probably knowing exactly what he’s doing to me. He walks up to me and acknowledges me with a nod, as if I’m really just a student.

“Good to see you Miss Adair.”

I stand shocked. What the hell? How does he know my last name? I can’t remember telling him my last name. Oh, right. He’s your teacher. He has access to students names duh.

“Um. You too, Professor.” I hear Eve chuckle, the traitor. She should be on my side.

“Hi Professor! Didn’t know you would be at the bar tonight, do you come here often?” Eve asks, bright eyed and bushy tailed. Oh she is so going to get it. I nudge her arm with my elbow.

“Not very,” he replies cooly.

“Professor! Come play a game with us!” Tristan speaks up.  He takes a swig of his bottle of beer. Is everyone intoxicated tonight? I haven’t had one sip of my rum and coke and decide now is a good time as any to start. I turn for Eve.

“No thank you Mr. Mead, I should be going.” I hear Dean say.

“Where was my drink Eve-ie?” I use my nick name for her and she lights up.

“This way little Belle!” she grabs my hand so we can walk to the bar. Dean walks with us.

“So you are on your way out then, Professor?” I ask, not glancing his way.

“As are you, Miss Adair.” He whispers so only I and Eve can hear.

Eve lets go of my hand and laughing, says, “I’ll be with the bartender if you need me.”  My eyes widen with abandonment. She shrugs.

“Shall I give you a ride then?” I turn to Dean and squint my eyes.

“No you may not.”

“You are leaving this place now, either with me or your friend Eve. But I think she would rather flirt with the bartender.”

“Why should I? I’m allowed to do as I please.” A couple walks in and I lower my voice. We’re standing close to the entrance doors.

“I would like to finish the conversation somewhere private, Miss Adair.” He glances around inconspicuously.  Only I can notice the slight anxiety. My anger dissipates at the realization he’s nervous to be out so publicly.

I lower my voice to a whisper, “Fine. I suppose my place is alright for now.”

He sighs, “Thank you.”

“This is your car?” I ask, stunned. On the curb of the street is a black Mercedes. He parked it behind the bar so no one would see me getting in his car.

“It’s an S class coupe,” He says smirking. “Nice isn’t it?”

“Very shiny.” The only thing I can think to say. It is unusually shiny. I don’t have a vehicle and the ones my parents had were never clean.

Dean laughs a full deep sound that sends shivers up my arms. He is too sexy for his own good.

On the way back to the apartment Dean doesn’t say much and I brood silently. What happened to his carefree laughing a few moments ago? Only he would come and ruin what good fun I was having just because he’s jealous and thinks I’ll be flirted with by random men. Oh he makes me so angry! And not so long ago I had fantasized about his delicious love making. Or, not so much “love” as “fucking”…The drive is short and we arrive outside behind the apartments so we won’t be seen. There aren’t any students walking around this late.