Dates

Chapter 13

We decide to walk to the kitchen because we are both starving. I let Dean lead the way. He glances at me every so often to make sure I’m still behind him. He is carrying my bags for me as we make it to the living area. I see Mr.Cogsworth come into the room and he takes the bags from Dean.

“Shall I put them into your room, sir?” He asks with a slight smile.

“Yes Cogs, thank you.”

Dean starts to grab for my hand but then stops himself. He walks to the entrance of the kitchen and turns around to make sure I’m following. He raises his eyebrow in question, are you going to come or am I going to make you?

I hurry to him, not because of his demanding nature but because I’m hungry.

Mrs. Potts is cooking up pancakes with bacon and my mouth is watering. The smell is a soothing balm to my recent burns. Dean’s recent mood swings that is. Yes, I might have overreacted with Violet, but in the shower that wasn’t my entire fault. Dean has real issues that he won’t discuss with me. He didn’t even want to tell me about Violet, his mentally unstable twin!

 I sit at the bar with Dean next to me as Mrs. Potts serves us. I smile warmly at the older woman.  She is beautiful, with a real motherly sense about her. She is a tad overweight but it fits her in some way. Her hair is cut short and styled perfectly.

“Thank you,” I say sweetly. She smiles back then looks directly at Dean.

“You better treat this lady with respect young man,” she scolds him.

“I can’t make any promises,” he teases as he shoves a forkful of pancakes into his delectable mouth.

“Oh you tease but you know I’ll make sure you go to bed without any supper if you misbehave.”

“You could never leave me to fend for myself in this kitchen,” he says with his million dollar smile. I wouldn’t be able to say no to that face.

Mrs. Potts laughs and strolls out of the kitchen muttering something about Dean not knowing how to use a microwave.

“She’s lovely,” I say as I eat. Dean glances up at me.

“Yes, she’s been a family friend for a long time, her and Cogsworth.”

“Oh?” I want to know everything I can about this man.

“Yes since a teen.”

“Tell me about your sister?” I ask. Dean looks over at me sharply.

“Belle,” he warns. He continues to eat his breakfast as I stare at him. This is going nowhere. I’m not going to do this again. He shuts off at the mention of his family.  Instead he derails me with a question about my past.

“How long have you played?” he gazes longingly at me.

“We should probably talk about what happened in the shower.” I say so I don’t have to talk about my past, but also because we both need to discuss where our relationship stands.

“I said I was sorry Belle, there’s nothing else to say about it. It won’t happen again until you’re put on the pill.” He’s leaving something out though, something he doesn’t want me to know. That moment in the shower changed the way we look at one another. At least to me it has.

“Yes, I agree. I also want to add something to our arrangement.”

He smiles. His food is cleared from the plate now and we sit facing each other at the bar.

“Go on.”

I lift my chin, preparing myself. I realized the moment that a female called Dean, I freaked out in a jealous rage. The only way to get myself to detach and quick, I need to set new rules. Rules that will get me to see other men so I can try to find a healthy relationship. Not a secret one.

“We need to see other people outside of this thing we have going on. I want to go on dates, things I haven’t ever done.”

His blank expression throws me off.

“Dates?” he says as if he has never heard of the word. It comes off as distasteful. “You want to see other men so you can date?” his voice raises.

“Yes, what is so wrong with dating?”

“Do you know why guys even go on dates?”

“To find love…”

“To fuck. Don’t be so naïve Belle. You don’t realize that men are disgusting beings who will treat women as things to relive their lustful sinful ways.”

I gasp. His eyes are a deep blue, peering right at me. No longer sitting at the bar, he has started to walk away from me.

“Is that what you did to me? Relieve yourself?”

“Of course not. You don’t understand.”

“Don’t understand what? How you can go from sweet and caring to selfish and crude in a moment’s time?”

“Why are you setting these rules now? This dating other people shit?”

I will not tell him. I will not tell him! Crap, what the heck do I do?

“Um—”

“You said at the hotel that your heart couldn’t take it.” He stands inches from my face, his hand going to my cheek. A simple touch has my heart racing. “What did you mean?”

“Being…close to someone.”

“You don’t let people in you mean.” He smirks. “Darling, you and I are very similar in that way.”

I don’t have any words to say. It’s true. He has secrets that I want to know, but I also have secrets that I don’t talk about. We hide our pasts.

“Fine, if that’s what you want then okay. I’ll agree to your dating rule. Maybe you’ll find a nice boy to give you boring-one-position-only- In- bed-never-getting-you-off-sex.” His hand leaves my face and I let out a breath.

    Dean POV

I want to take her on dates. Me. Not some lame fuck college student who only wants in her panties. This whole thing is wrong, spiraling out of control. Belle is just someone I like to spend time with, someone to fuck over and over. I wince at the words. I don’t actually think of her in that way. I really enjoy her company, more than anyone else.

The sex is, well its fucking fantastic. It’s her curiosity that is making me lose it. Violet calling ruined the morning. She was early this time with her calling hours. I don’t want Belle to know what happened in my childhood. I don’t even want think about it. I will not tell Belle anything even if she pouts those luscious dark lips, and stare with her wide innocent eyes.

Belle thinks she wants to date, but what others can’t do is satisfy her. I can blow her fucking mind and she won’t think twice about seeing other men. I cringe as I think of her flirting with anyone else. An irrational emotion due to the fact I don’t want her.

Who the fuck am I kidding? I don’t want anyone else to have her. Since she demanded I take her virginity she’s been mine.

All mine.

I think back to earlier, the way she got angry as if she was jealous, jealous of another woman calling me. Why would she want to date other people if she had been jealous over a phone call from who she thought to be a girlfriend? It doesn’t make sense. Fucking women and their minds.

The only way I see this playing out in my favor is to see another woman and make Belle jealous. Then she won’t want to continue the dating rule and she won’t flirt with the college scum.

**Authors Note**

Hope all you bookworms are loving the story! <3 Thanks again for reading!!