Josie and Jhonny Take Action (ARCase & NehpetsEnal)

Josie had gone over the details with Jhonny of her plan.

Go time was tomorrow when supper began.

Johnny had smiled at her in amusement, which had pinked her cheeks.

"What, Mr. Denver, do you have a better plan?" she did demand.

The night had turned chilly, though the stars were still bright

The night had turned chilly, though the stars were still bright. Jake used to tell her that things would be alright, so long as the stars still shone at night. That stars were wishes that people had sent up to the sky, they helped lead the way. It had comforted her back in the day.

But now it only made her sad to think, that if stars were wishes, and the sky full, all those wishes hadn't come true.

At first, Jhonny didn't say when he saw her blush, he was more concerned by the sadness that was carried with her words, he had empathy with her but now was not the time to share, she quite clearly needed his support, maybe more than she realized.

With a smile he moved closer to her on the balcony and offered her his jacket quite gentlemanly, which was unusual for him, he rarely showed compassion.

She thanked him and slipped her arms in. It smelled like him. Of the road. Of the trees. Of horses too. Not entirely unpleasant, it would do.

He could see her breathing softly through her nose, so she did show she was examining its odor, she didn't flinch, it was a simple thing, but it reassured him and he felt good.

"I think it's a fine plan, Josie. And we'll pull it off, just you and me. But might I ask what it is you want to retrieve so badly?"

"The less you know the better Jhonny. Just know we are righting a wrong I promise you. I just need you to get me into the room. Then be a lookout. And I'll do the rest."

Jhonny wasn't happy being kept in the dark and thought it would feel better if she showed a bit more trust in him, after all, he was putting his neck on the line, but he nodded.

"Okay, until tomorrow then, it's getting late, and I best be on my way.

Normally he would not have asked, but on this occasion he did.

"May I see you to your room safely?"

Josie sensed the change in character and giggled, "I live two floors up. Besides something tells me, it's best if we aren't seen together Jhonny, especially this close to the deed. We don't want folks gossiping."

Jhonny thought a chance would be a fine thing and smiled with a no-good grin, "We could always give those busybodies something to talk about Josephine."

She laughed and spoke.

"Goodnight Mr. Denver," with words said like a proper lady.

"Goodnight Miss Craven."