The Round Table (NehpetsEnal)

The Round Table

This scene is not a tale from times of old when knights were mere men, brave and bold.

It may not be magic, but strange things do happen around this circular table.

The time had come for Petra to depart, for, at work, she carried a heavy load.

Without her, it seems things quickly become unstable

She stands up and strolls nonchalantly around the perimeter of the table, grips the arms of my chair.

And with an easy smile on her face, she raises both the chair and me into the air.

With the gentleness of a mother, she put us to rest on the tabletop.

Her circus-like trick brings forth a wave of laughter and applause.

What a pity Josie and Jake weren't here, for they would have felt well at home.

She takes a cheeky look across the table at Conan.

It's not like I'm reading her mind, but I'm pretty sure the look she is giving is saying.

"Do you want a piece of this?"

He nods and shows her that silent sign of respect he was famous for, the one we all know is hard to get.

You can see the pride reflected in her eyes.

Not a look you associate with Petra.

It's not like she resembles a female gorilla.

She is compact but beautiful, just like Shadow and our Mother.

I am guessing it's only natural.

But to her, looks are irrelevant.

She has dedicated herself to working, not wasting time and money, sat in Beauty Salons.

She turns and leaves, kissing everyone else but me.

She has left me like some ornament prominently displayed on the table.

I call her.