Chapter 4 - "Over and Over"

Shiina Kisaragi's POV:

LOVER BOY
Good morninggg!
I love love looove you, my goddess. ( ' ▽ ' ).。o♡
I hope you had the sweetest of dreams last night.

My heart races every time I think of seeing you again. I fall for you more and more and more every second. I can't wait to see you today!

If you're still sleeping, I'm left no choice but to spam you with affection:
I love you
I love you
I love you
I love you
I love you
I love you
I love you
I love you

SHIINA
I'm awake, I'm awake!
Good morningg (⌒▽⌒)♡

LOVER BOY
Σ>―(〃°ω°〃)♡→
You said 'good morning' to me

SHIINA
I say it every day
You're too much. I love you too

LOVER BOY
I love you more!

SHIINA
No, I do!

LOVER BOY
(๑•̀д•́๑)
Are you. . .
doubting my affection?

SHIINA
lololol
Why are you so aggressive over text.
The Banri I know would never do that in real life.

LOVER BOY
(ε')  When I come over to walk you to school, I'll shower you in infinite compliments.
And words of affirmation.
Prepare to be loved. (#`ε')

SHIINA
('。• ᵕ •。') My heart isn't ready,,,

As I exited the school building, heart lead in my chest, rereading our texts was what I found myself doing. To think this was this morning. When he arrived at my house to head to school together, he followed through with his cute threat all throughout the journey here. We weren't technically 'fighting' but I felt just as crummy.

Dark clouds rumbled above me. Raindrops drizzled onto my head top and skin. I peered upward right as the cold sensation seized, and a shadow befell me. An umbrella.

Bug-eyed, I addressed the culprit. My stomach fluttered.

"Banri?"

"Kisa." Since he shielded me from the rain, he accepted the full brunt. The droplets dampened his hair and clothes and streaked his face. "I barely caught up to you."

My vision blurred.

He stiffened like a statue. Eventually, his fingers jerked and his arms moved forward. Though, right before he could swing them around me in a lung-squeezing hug, he withdrew. I gnawed my bottom lip.

"Why?" I swallowed the lump in my throat, and kept myself together through willpower alone. "Why won't you touch me? You won't even hug or kiss me."

"I—"

"Don't say stuff like I'm too holy or otherworldly. I'll dropkick you."

Utilizing the back of my hand, I dried my eyelids. Although he typically shouted on and on about his adoration, at this moment, Banri was quiet, the guilt painted on his face.