Bonus - "Promise for the Future"

Shiina Kisaragi's POV:

SHIINA
Stop buying me stuff!!!
I just casually mentioned I wanted cookies.
Why is this man outside delivering FIVE BOXES of them???

RIN
( '◇')?

SHIINA
Rin!!!

RIN
Fine, I'll take some.
Ryota likes them anyway.
Do you want to go out to dinner today?

SHIINA
Only if I choose the restaurant.
If I let you pick, I can't even imagine which city you'll take me to. . .

RIN
(`^')
(;`O')o
Let me treat you to a romantic dinner!

SHIINA
( •̀ω•́ ) No!
We're high school students. Let's spend a decent amount of money.

RIN
Why would you use that high school card on me?

SHIINA
When I start making like, a quarter of the income you do and can treat you to expensive stuff too, I'll feel better about it.
But, as of right now, it makes me feel bad.
Also!!!
Just so you know!!!
I baked cookies last night.

RIN
You. . . did?

SHIINA
Yup!!!
Can you see how frustrating that delivery was now?
I wasted my time!

RIN
No, you didn't!
You didn't, Shii!
I'll eat all your cookies!
Give them to me!
Shii?
Shii, forgive me! ( ͒˃̩̩⌂˂̩̩ ͒)

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Two more to go."

"I-I know I said I'd eat them all but let me breathe," Rin muffled through a full mouth.

I shoved another cookie into the tiny space he was using to talk. "This is the consequences of your actions. Accept them."

He murmured something else, while holding his mouth so no crumbs could fall, but deciphering it was impossible.

Cherry blossoms rained from the sky, carried by gusts of the spring wind. It was lunch time, and we were currently sitting on a bench on the school rooftop. The seasons were changing. We were graduating next week.

"I'm going to gain weight," Rin complained when he finished them all. Sulking, he cradled his belly. "You want my abs to disappear?

"You'll just have to work out that much harder." Resting my bento on my lap, I pulled off the lid. "Now to eat actual lunch. We're splitting, right?"

"More food?" He made a face. "I need to watch what I eat."

"Eating cookies alone isn't good for you either." I grabbed a piece of the fried chicken with my chopsticks and held it out to him. "Here."

Despite appearing completing uncooperative before, his eyes lit up with stars.

"Y—you're feeding me?"

"It's going to fall."

"Eating a school lunch you cooked yourself, straight from your hands. . . That was on my list of one hundred and one things I wanted to do with you when we started dating."