Chapter 1 - "Six Boys, One Girl"

.

.

.

"Planning a birthday party? With this group? Nope. Not happening. Leave."

Daisuke Kamakiri didn't sugarcoat his belligerent order. Unfortunately for him, the bunch who'd raided his sanctuary in the library were far from compliant.

Toru Igarashi.

Banri Taniguchi.

Issei Enatsu.

Jin Narumi.

Rin Mizota.

They were a bunch who'd otherwise never interact if not for the girl who single-handedly connected their lives.

"Had a feeling this would happen," Toru sighed, properly folding his legs into a crisscrossed position. With his palms leaned back, he made himself completely at home. "It sounded ridiculous when I heard it too."

"Kisa's birthday is coming up. A special occasion. It goes without saying we go all out for her sake." Stars enveloped Banri's eyes. "As we should! Ah, the day my goddess graced us plebeians on this lowly planet should be celebrated as a global holiday!"

"A birthday party," Narumi murmured, already caving under the pressure. "For Kisaragi. . ."

"A great idea, right?" Issei beamed. "We have a little over a week to get everything ready. In terms of that, I was thinking—"

"Here, here!" Rin, who'd been silently observing from the sidelines, raised his arm. "If it's about throwing Shii a birthday party, I have tons of ideas!"

"The hell is he here for?" Kamakiri remarked. "Get him out."

"Trust me. None of us wanted him here either." Toru, sharing the sentiment, scoffed. "He's the one who invited everyone, claiming he's known Kisaragi the longest."

Banri's scowl sucked the oxygen from the air. Narumi's puppy-like glare demonstrated he'd put up his guard as well.

"I have qualms about how Mizota went about confessing to Kisaragi too, but we're not any better," Issei interjected before tensions could escalate. "I'd argue we extend at least some sympathy. It was an honest misunderstanding on his part."

"He's in the wrong for believing Kisa would ever go for a phony ladies man like him," Banri spat.

"Phony?" Slack-jawed, Rin lowered the shades and mask he'd donned to disguise himself. "I'll have you know I'm the hottest celebrity in Japan! Every girl and their mothers' blather left and right about my charm. Besides, Shii didn't turn me down. She asked to give her time to think it over!"

"If she has to consider it, you're already out," Kamakiri said, point-blank.

Rin recoiled. "Not true! Shii and I have an impenetrable bond! She's definitely choosing me!"

"Believe what you will, Rin-Rin," Toru taunted. "So? What ideas do you have exactly?"

"Only Shii's allowed to call me that," he retorted.

"Tacky-Rin," Banri said.

"Idiot-Rin," Kamakiri added.

"Loser-Rin," Narumi murmured.

"Guys." Issei sweatdropped. "Don't spite him."

Grinding his teeth, Rin burst to his feet. "I can see I'm not welcome here! Screw it! I'll throw Shii the biggest and baddest birthday bash of her life without you losers! You'll regret this!"