Chapter 2 - "Heat of Desire"

Shiina Kisaragi's POV:

"Ouch. His older sister walked in on you?"

"We weren't doing anything," I informed Kiharu for the umpteenth time. "Since I was modelling, he was taking pictures of me."

"Naked?"

"Fully clothed!"

She laughed all the while I glared.

"Sorry, sorry. Had to make sure." She nudged my arm. "C'mon. Stop acting like if things did escalate, you wouldn't be overjoyed. You two still haven't kissed, right?"

My blush must've been as plain as day because she doubled over in hysterics for the second time. Everyone in the school gymnasium could hear her, including the BB who were busy preparing for another one of their gigs. Tsumugi had gone home early, and Kiharu who'd wrapped up with soccer practice, stopped by to give me company while I waited for Banri to finish.

"Tsk, tsk. My bestie can't even get some basic action."

I slapped her to silence her guffaws.

"The guy declares his undying affection for you by the minute, buys you enormous flower bouquets, and smothers you with romantic gifts, so you'd think he'd be all over you out of the public's eye. Yet, ironically, he won't touch you. Not even to romantically hold your hand."

I pinned my focus in the distance where Banri alongside the other BB members were currently engaged in conversation with a slew of dolled up girls. They were models with legitimate experience, and they'd volunteered to promote Banri's designs for an upcoming show. Bigwigs in the fashion industry were making an appearance so they were ensuring nothing could go awry.

A hard at work Banri was a rare sight, seeing as how he typically discarded all responsibilities whenever I was in the vicinity. Those models' beauty was astounding as well. They were essentially naked, yet Banri stared at them so candidly. Spoke to them so nonchalantly.

Should I take it as a compliment? That I was a present too glamorous and tantalizing to unravel and ruin?

I'd buried and buried my frustration, but it was hard. We'd been 'dating' for two months, but not once in that time frame had we engaged in 'conventional' couple behaviour.

Once, he did allow me to kiss him on the cheek. . . and prior to going out, he held my hands frequently. Like Kiharu said, he proclaimed his undying love for me on an hourly basis, so it wasn't as if his emotions had dwindled. I'd argue they grew larger day-to-day. So, then, why?

Why won't he touch me?

"Man, the guy is dense. He has his priorities wrong. Does he consider himself your boyfriend or sugar daddy?"

"Kiharu."

Snorting, she hoisted herself to her feet. "Well, you are each other's first relationships, so there's bound to be ups and downs. Perk up, girl. His love for you is authentic. Ask anyone. Anyway, I hate to do this, but I've gotta run home before my brothers get back from practice and empty the fridge. See you tomorrow?"

"See you," I said.

She departed with a consoling squeeze to the shoulder.