5. Walking into a dead end

When Steve and Wanda finally made it to the little cabin they both just looked at each other preparing themselves for anything. When Wanda stood up to the door she knocked. She felt in her gut that something wasn't right. After they waited a good 5 minutes they got nothing. "Maybe they are out of the house. We could come back when they get back home-" Wanda cut off Steve with a loud 'Shh'. Wanda was listening inside to see if she could hear little kids, she then looked at the doorknob and turned it. And with that the door opened, she new it their father took them and left abandoning the house. "Steve I looked into that woman's mind before she died. The one thing she always does is keep her kids home, she was afraid to take them out into the real world. Her husband did the work while she stayed home. Now from what I'm seeing her husband left with the kids." She stated as she left Steve, Wanda then walked inside the little cabin. Steve just sighed and followed in right beings Wanda looking around at all the little things of the family's home.

Wanda was looking into the rooms, when she opened the kids room she just stopped and looked in. The kids room reminded her of how her and Peitro used to live before the bombing happened. When she finally walked into the children's room she looked around at the little pictures on the wall. She looked at all the drawings and photos of them. She then noticed one of the picture frames was empty, it had no photo in it, she tilted her head and just moved on from the photo frame. When she looked at a photo of the twins when they where babies. She smiled to herself, she seen a baby boy with his little arm around his baby sister, in the photo they both where about 3 months old sleeping. Wanda thought to herself 'funny the little boy reminds me of Peitro. Always trying to protect me. Even as a baby.' She then moved onto a different photo of the twins when they where 2 years old. The 2 year old boy has a big smile on his face with an arm around his sister, the young boy has bright green eyes and dark brown hair. Wanda smiled a bit, she then looked at the little girl in the photo, the young girl was smiling with a teddy bear in her arms. The girl has light brown hair and two different colored eyes, she has one blue eye and one green eye. Wanda then though of what the woman said 'You have a good heart...just l-like my daughter..' why did this bother Wanda so much. She just wanted to tell the kids one last thing about their mother, but she for some reason just wants to get the twins and hold them close to her.

Steve walked into the room Wanda was in and cleared his throat to get her attention. Wanda jumped and looked at Steve. "I found something" Steve said as he then walked out of the kids room and into the parents room. Wanda looked at the photo then grabbed it, she took it out of the photo frame and put the photo in her pocket. She then followed Steve into the parents room. Steve had found a file on the father. "Agent 174, Hydra.." Steve said as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "He's been working for Hydra under his wife's nose." Steve said as he looked around for more files in the room. Wanda took the file and looked though it "oh god..what do you think he's doing with his kids right now..do you think he's taken them to hydra for experiments...?" Wanda said with a little raspy voice looking down at the file. Steve sighed "I have no idea let's hope not. Let's hope that the kids ran away to say the least." Steve said as he kept looking for more files. Wanda then put the file down and walked around the rooms before she noticed the wood on the floor slightly outta place than the others. When she squatted down and picked up the out of place wood board she seen more files. "Steve I found files" she stated as she then picked up the files. Wanda looked through one of the files as she placed down the other files down on the bed.

-Child testing-
Experiment number 1
Child name: "Harold Jones"
Age: 5
Notes: Experiment Number 1, his arms and legs both have gone black from the Dark Green Liquid. Had to give him metal limbs. After a few hours child experiment number 1 has failed. He died from lack of blood flowing to his brain.