17. The Aftermath

15 minutes when the Avengers arrive

Wanda was the first one to leave the quinjet when it landed. The Maximoff ran towards the small quinjet and her heart stopped, she looked around and saw chaos. She heard a little grunt and she turned her attention to the beaten up boy. Wanda ran over to him with tears welling up "baby..baby it's me momma..your ok now..where's your sister?.." Wanda said in a hushed voice. Kylar looked at Wanda he then started to remember what happened, he then tears up and got up on his feet and ran out the jet and looked around for the men and her sister. Kylar looked around frantically til he then collapsed "(ANAYA!)" the boy yelled out with his eyes burning up from his tears. Wanda ran over to him and she put his head in her lap. "Kai..rest..we will find her.." she stated. The other all looked around for the young girl but there was no use. "I-it's my f-fault!..I c-couldn't protect h-her.." the boy sobbed as he put his hands over his eyes. "She w-was taken by t-those m-men!...and I couldn't s-stop them!.." he said again with sobs escaping his mouth.

Wanda pick up the boy and sat him in her lap she slowly rubbed his back as tears fell from her cheeks. "It's not your fault...don't blame yourself..we will find your sister.." Wanda stated. Kylar just cried from the amount of pain he was in and from his sisters disappearance. "I-I h-hurt.." the boy finally spoke out with a grunt he then laid his head against Wandas chest. Wanda looked down at the boy and looked at his head "let's get you to Bruce" she said as she picked up the boy. Kylar hissed at the pain in his stomach, he then coughed up blood again and teared up. Wandas eyes widened when she seen Kylar cough up blood, she than ran with him in her arms back to the quinjet. "BRUCE! HELP HIM HES HURT!" Wanda yelled out as she laid Kylar down on the chairs.

Bruce ran over to the hurt boy and examined him "We need to get back now!" He said as he put an Anesthesia mask over the boy to keep him asleep. Wanda ran out of the jet and yelled for the others "GUYS WE HAVE TO GO! KYLARS HURT!" She looked at everyone. Everyone looked up at Wanda and stopped their search for the young girl and ran over, Thor and vision both stayed where they where. "We will stay and look we will fly back later." Vision stated as he then looked around for clues. Thor nodded "yes we will. I have to find lady Anaya I was supposed to watch them." Thor said as he then took off to the sky to find anything. Wanda and everyone just left them be and all entered the jet and took off back to the compound.

3 hours later
At the compound

Wanda was waiting for Bruce and Tony to come out or the hospital wing, she was sitting in her chair bouncing her leg staring off into space. Nat looked over at Wanda and put an hand on her shoulder which made her jump. "It will be ok. Little Nugget is a fighter, just like his sister they both will be fine.." the red head said. Wanda sighed and teared up a bit "I should have been the one to watch the kids..it's my fault they got hurt..and who knows where Anaya is..those men took her and we probably won't find her till it's to late!..and Kylar is in their fighting for his life! It's all my fault Nat..I was supposed to care for them and keep them safe!.." Wanda said as she then started to brake down. "Shh..it's no ones fault..fate has its ways..it will be ok..we will find Anaya.." Nat said in a soothing voice as she pulled Wanda in for a hug.

1 hour and 30 minutes pass

Bruce and Tony both walk out with a little sad look on their face. Wanda looked up at them and saw their facial expressions her heart stopped and she teared up. "He had a lot of damage in his organs but we saved him. He had internal bleeding too which that didn't help. He kept fighting through it, he's stable now but he won't wake up til very soon. Hes been through so much." Bruce said as Tony then sighed "That kids a fighter. All we can do now is just give him time." Tony said as he then rubbed the back of his neck.

Wanda took a deep sigh of relief as she got up from her seat "C-can I see him now?.." she said in a sad tone. Bruce and Tony both nodded and let her go through to see the young boy. Wanda walked past them to go see the boy, when she entered the small room she saw the boy hooked up to machines and wires. Nat looked at Tony and Bruce and she sighed "let's give her some space. She's been worrying non-stop..I'll check on her in a bit." Nat said as she sat in her seat still. Bruce and Tony both looked at her then each other, they nodded and both walked out of the hospital wing.

When the Maximoff seen the boy hooked up to those wires and machines she just teared up, she walked over to the seat that was next to the boy and sat in it. Wanda grabbed his normal hand and held onto it "I'm so sorry..I should have been there..I will do everything in my power to save Anaya and keep you both safe.." she said as she then let tears fall.

1 hour later

Nat walked in the room with Vision, Vision looked at the state that the boy was in his facial expression dropped. Wanda just looked at the boy as she rubbed the boys hand with her thumb. Nat walked over to Wanda and put a hand on her shoulder "he will be ok.." Nat said with a sad tone, the red head then looked over at Vision who has yet to fully walk into the room. Wanda looked at Nat with no emotion then she noticed Vision "did you find her?.." she asked the Android. Vision looked at Wanda and shook his head slowly "Me and Thor both looked everywhere. We only saw tire prints in the dirt leading to the main road but that's it..We couldn't find anything else but these darts.." vision spoke as he then pulled out the power repelling darts. Wanda just teared up and looked back at the boy, she then gripped at the boys hand and sighed "I'll find her..if it's the last thing I'll do.." she mumbled to herself. Nat and Vision just looked at the two with a sad look, Nat got up and left the room while Vision pulled up a chair and sat next to the boy on the other side of him.

Meanwhile at the borderline of  Washington and Canada

"((We're are we gonna send the child?))" A man in a lab coat asked. "((We will send her where the Avengers lest aspect her to be.))" a man with glasses said as he looked at the unconscious girl. "((We will send her back to whats left of Sokovia with the survivor we have, the scientist there will then break her physical and mentally))" the man with glasses said with a smirk. "((Oh ok I'll get the plane ready))" the man in the lab coat said as he then left. "((You'll be a fine shoulder for hydra indeed little one))" the man with glasses said as he then started to laugh. Anaya has a shock collar around her neck with the same collars around her ankles, the girl was passed out. She seemed to have cuts along her legs and arms from playing with her brother earlier that day, she also had a black eye from one of the men when she was taken.