34. New Looks

6 hours later
1:20 pm

When Anaya woke up she felt better than she did when she was in that horrid cell. She got out of bed and rubbed her eyes, when she walked out of the bedroom she walked downstairs to find Wanda or Pietro. "M-momma?..Uncle P?.." the girl called out in her raspy voice, she then coughed and put her hand to hear throat with a little groan. "Naya! What did I tell you about talking with your hurt throat!" Wanda spoke out from the kitchen. Anaya went to the kitchen to go see her "s-sor-" she stopped talking and just looked at Wanda or who she thought was her. Wanda was facing the stove cooking something, she then turned around to the shocked girl.

"Hm? Oh I can see you seen my new look" Wanda chuckled as she then returned to cooking. "Why d-did you change your h-hair?.." the girl asked out in a quiet voice so her throat doesn't hurt. Wanda continued to cook before she looked at Anaya "Well we are hiding from everyone. If we get seen we could get caught and get put back in that cell. So me and your Uncle changed up our hair. Now you on the other hand you don't need to good thing when you got your suit it hid your identity." Wanda responded. Anaya kinda understand her she then walked next to her "I like your hair. It reminds me of Auntie Nat." The girl spoke out as she tried to look what she was cooking. Wanda smiled at her while she put in the final ingredients in the pot "Thank you Munchkin" she said as she then looked down at the girl. "Momma..what are you making?" Anaya said as she then looked up at Wanda with a little head tilt. "Well I'm making soup so It could help your throat little missy" Wanda replied before she booped the girls nose. Anaya smiled as she then remembered the park that was not that far "Momma? Can I go to the park?" Anaya asked as she looked towards the window that had its windows covered. Wanda stirred the soup before she looked at Anaya "Maybe later ok? Me or your Uncle Can take you." Wanda said. "But momma..it's just right down the street.." Anaya spoke out as she then looked down at the ground. Wanda looked down the Anaya before she looked back at the soup, she then did a little sigh "Ok when I call your name you better come right back ok baby?" Wanda said as she looked down at Anaya. "Ok!" The girl raised her voice a bit but the coughed. Wanda smiled a bit before pushing her off "Now go. The food is almost done" Wanda said before she turned back to the stove. Anaya nodded and ran over to put her shoes on, after she put her shoes on she ran out the door. Wanda watched as she ran out the door, she smiled a little before she went and got the table ready.

When Anaya arrived at the park she noticed 3 kids that looked a bit older than her, she just shrugged them off and just went over to the swings. The kids looked over at Anaya before they all smiled within their group, they then walked over to the girl who was trying to swing. "Hey! What are you doing in this park? This park is our park! You better beat it little girl!" One of the boys said. "Yeah! You must me new here! Well this park is for older kids! Not babies like you!" A girl spat out. Anaya looked at them and got up from the swings and went over to the play set to try to ignore them. "Are you deaf?! We're talking to you!" The boy yelled out as he and the other kids walked over in front of her. Anaya sighed "can I please play..your being a butt.." Anaya said quietly. "What was that? I cant hear you baby!" The boy spat out as he shoved Anaya. "I'm not a baby!.." Anaya raised her voice pushing down her cough. "Oh! Well what are you gonna do about it?! Huh?! Cry to your mommy?!" The girl but in as she grabbed Anaya's hair. "Let go!!" Anaya yelled out as she grabbed onto the girls hands. The 2 boys both then shoved Anaya on the ground and kicked dirt and gravel on her. Anaya coughed before she got up and started to run away from them.

"Get her!" The girl yelled out as she and the 2 boys ran after her. Anaya ran throughout the park, she made quick turns. The one thing Anaya didn't see was when she got to the top of the play set was a big drop off for a girl her age. The 3 kids cornered her and laughed "Aww someone looks like their about to cry!" The boy said. Anaya looked at them and trembled a bit "what you gonna do now little wimp!" The girl spat out before she walked up to Anaya. The girl took out her gum from her mouth and stuck it in the young girls hair and rubbed it all in. "That's what you get little brat." The girl laughed before she pushed Anaya off the play set. Anaya hit the ground right on her back, she got the wind knocked out of her. Anaya gasped for air as she looked up at the kids that where laughing from the play set, she then saw them left the playground. Anaya just laid on the ground, she was mad at herself since she couldn't stand up for herself. She wanted to fight them but she didn't want to, since 1. She was on the run and 2. She didn't want to hurt the kids. Anaya then got up and wiped off the dirt and gravel from her, she then heard Wandas voice calling out "ANAYA!!" Anaya took in a deep huff before she ran back to the little home.

When Anaya walked into the little home she was greeted by Pietro "There's my princesa!" Pietro said as he hugged Anaya. Anaya smiled and looked at him "Hi uncle Pietro" the girl spoke in her quiet voice. Pietro smiles as he took off his shoes and put them by the door, Anaya did the same. When Anaya was done she ran into the little dinning room and smiled at Wanda. Wanda smiled at her before she saw how dirty she was "well it looks like your going in the bath before we go shopping" Wanda said as she giggled. Anaya did a little shrug before she sat down "momma?..how do you get him out of hair?.." the girl asked as she started to eat her soup. "Huh? Why do you ask such a question like that?" Wanda asked as she raised an eyebrow. "I got gum in my hair..." the girl said softly before taking a spoonful of soup. Wanda walked over to Anaya and looked at her hair, and sure enough she saw the gum. "Anaya! Who did this to you?" She asked as she tried to get the gum out. Anaya sighed "a girl put it there..these kids didn't want me to be at the park..so I ignored them then they put the gum in my hair.." Anaya spoke out as she continued to eat. Pietro walked over and tried to help with the gum "Princesa it looks like we have to cut your hair- your momma can't get it out." He said in a sad tone. Anaya did a little sigh "okay..." she said softly as she slurped the broth. Wanda and Pietro both let the girl finish eating before they cut her hair.

When Anaya was done eating she sat in her seat still, she was kicking her dangling feet while Wanda cut her hair. "Ok hold still munchkin." Wanda said as she cut the gum out first. Pietro went over and turned the Tv on and watched something. When Wanda got the gum cut out she then started to cut her daughters hair evenly. Anaya was picking out the dirt from underneath her fingernails while she waited. When Wanda got done cutting Anayas hair she cleaned up the mess, The girls hair was about shoulders length so it wasn't that short. Once Wanda was done she picked up Anaya and took her upstairs to give her a bath. "Munchkin did you fight back those kids?" Wanda asked as she felt the water. "N-no..I didn't want to hurt them..If I fought..I might have used my powers..and I didn't want to do that..I don't wanna get put back in that cell!.." the girl spoke as she looked at Wanda. Wanda looked back at Anaya with a little sad look, she then walked over her and put a hand on her cheek. "Well you did the right thing. Fighting is bad..but if it comes to it you have to defend yourself and fight back. I'll teach you fighting without your powers so you can defend yourself when your older ok?" She spoke out as she then helped Anaya in the tub. "Ok momma." Anaya said as she then started to play in the water. Wanda smiled at her before she washed Anaya up.

When Wanda got done with cleaning up Anaya she helped the girl out of the tub and dried her off. "There are your two beautiful eyes!" Wanda said as she got done wiping Anaya's face. Anaya giggled and looked at Wanda "there is your little nose!" Wanda said as she booped her nose. "And there is your cute little face!" Wanda spoke out when she looked at her daughter then giving Anaya little small kisses all over her face. "Momma!" Anaya blurted out with a giggle. "Ok ok. Now let's get you in warm clothes so then we can go. Your Uncle is waiting for us." Wanda said as she then helped the girl in her clothes. Anaya smiled and looked at Wanda, she then gave her a hug "I love you momma.." the girl spoke in her somewhat healed voice. Wanda hugged her back with a smile "I love you to munchkin." Wanda replied. "Now come on let's go!" Wanda said as she stood up and started walking. Anaya smiled as she ran in front of Wanda down the stairs. When all Maximoffs got to the door and put there shoes on they then headed out of their small home and started to go shopping.