Ushijima Wakatoshi || Comforted

"Tadaima."

"Oh, Okeari Toshi."

His shoulders finally relaxed after hearing your voice and the familiar nickname that you suddenly started to call him. He's given up on correcting you despite how many times he's tried. It's not that he didn't like it, it just so happened that even Tendou picked it up as well.

"How was your day?" He asked as always.

"Mm... I had a day off so I didn't do anything. It was nice," you cut the conversation short and continued to scroll through the timeline on your phone.

Typically you always had a novel to tell, but right now Ushijima really wanted to hear about it, "are you alright?"

"Pft! Toshi, just because I don't have a story to tell doesn't mean I'm not okay. I promise, I feel great," you smiled not straying your eyes from your phone, "how about you tell me about your day?"

"Volleyball."

"Forget I asked."

He stood at the entrance of the living room for a good minute lost in thought. You noticed the eerie silence and placed your phone down before you propped your head on the backrest of the couch you were lying on, "Toshi..?"

You were quick to notice it, "Hey, did you have a good day?"

"Just a bit off, that's all."

You noticed how he avoided eye contact when usually his eyes were practically glued onto you whenever you spoke to each other. He was awfully stiff and more soft spoken than he normally was.

"You're good at this game, but unfortunately I'm much better," you huffed, "Can you come over here?"

He dragged his feet over and sat next to you.

Ushijima is human after all. He felt human emotions regardless of how badly he expressed them. He's often labeled as the stoic, insensitive, and awkward. People found him unapproachable and intimidating; making it difficult for him to create relationships with others.

You wouldn't necessarily disagree with the descriptions your boyfriend was tagged with but, that's only if you hardly grazed the surface of the man you loved so dearly. Hell, it wasn't even easy for you. If it weren't for Tendou, you'd feel like you were living with a hard crush on a rock.

The more you spent time with him, the harder you fell for the ace. It was no surprise though. He's honest and genuine. Yes, he's hard to read, but if you asked, he wouldn't lie. Straightforward, another thing you adored him for, because you never seemed to feel insecure about how he felt about you. He trusts you and is supportive, because he undoubtedly knows you're capable of doing anything. He was also un-ironically funny.

You snaked your arms around his neck and pulled him down onto the couch with you. He rested his head right above your chest and he eventually wrapped his arms around your waist. You felt him sigh heavily against your neck as his body began to weigh down on top of you.

Even though his heavy body was crushing yours, you loved being the cuddler. Don't get it mixed up though, you love being comforted by Ushijima; however, you also love being someone he can lean against when he isn't feeling his best.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

He briefly shook his head and remained silent.

You rested your arm over his shoulder and ran your hair through his hair which was surprisingly soft. You could feel something warm on your shirt and soon realized that tears were forming in his eyes.

You didn't need to say anything. There was no need to. Words wasn't something he needed at the moment. He needed a shoulder, the embrace of someone he loved. Something he never really had up until he met you. Yet you knew. You knew exactly what he needed no questions asked.  There was no sense of pity nor disappointment as you held him.

Ushijima could feel at ease. Such a simple gesture made him feel okay. It was okay. It's okay to feel this way. There's nothing wrong with him. That even he could lose his confidence every once in awhile and seek for comfort. He doesn't have to bear the weight of the world on his own. He would never place an ounce of weight against your own shoulders, but you simply taught him how to make it lighter.

He shifted his weight to lie besides you, but kept his arms around your torso. He nudged his head into the crook of your neck and lightly kissed your collarbone. Even if he had the worst day, it would be alright if he could come home to you.

"You smell nice Toshi, but you just came home from practice didn't you?" You turned over to face him as you brushed his bangs back.

"No, I already took a shower."

"Wait what?!" You quickly sat up only to be tugged back down, "Hold on, when did you come home? I didn't even hear you until you greeted me."

"I forgot to greet you before, so I came back to the living room to do so," he replied bluntly.

"Oh wow, you were that out of it. Then again I didn't even hear you. I can always hear you stomp around the house," you snickered.

"No you can't," he slightly furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yes I can."

"No."

"Yep."

"No-"

"You know what, it's alright. I like it anyways."

The next day, Ushijima attempted to tiptoe around the house, however failed to do so when his toes began to cramp.

A/N
UHM...
It's been a hot minute. (a couple months)
Tbh i was going to discontinue this, but then i suddenly grasped something. <the idea to praise ushijima for being absolutely perfect>
I wont quite say i'm back?? but i'll keep this book around
My excuse is.. i'm just extremely lazy and if i force myself, I'm never happy with the outcome:D [don't worry though, I do have an Aone one shot idea i just need to plan it some more]

i will personally RKO u if u tell me i write too much hugging scenes/j. Just so happens, that I'm touch starved even though I'm not a fan of physical touch.

Anyways ily as always, stay safe and hydrated <3