Bokuto Koutarou || Timid

You were shy.

Extremely shy.

You were always self-conscious about how others perceived you. You knew that they didn't care but it still bothered you like an itch you couldn't scratch.

The way you talked, your personality, your laugh, your smile, your image, everything.

You wore sweaters or jackets almost everyday to hide your body because you always felt insecure. You wish you had the confidence.

You sat down in your desk and put on your earphones. You were normally fairly early to go to school since you enjoyed the silence. However, today was different. The total opposite.

Not even two minutes had passed and you could hear faint but fast footsteps coming down the hall. As they got louder, a loud squeak echoed and the room to the classroom swiftly slid open and you saw something unusual.

An... owl? Human.. owl?

It all happened in a flash. His body crashed into a desk beside yours causing your chair to also topple over. A sharp pain buzzed through your body as your head hit the desk behind you.

"SCORE! HERE I AM AKAASHI!!" The male stood up and raised his arms. "Eh?" He glanced around the room and saw no sign of the second year.

"Ow..." You whimpered rubbing the back of your head.  The owl like male turned around to see your small figure on the floor.

"AH! IM SORRY!"

"N-no no! I-I'm okay!" You reassured nervously.

"I apologize on his behalf," you saw a friend of yours walk into the classroom.

"Akaashi-kun?"

"Hello (L/n)-san," he smiled kindly. "Bokuto, wrong classroom."

"What?!" Bokuto ruffled his hair. "DAMNIT!"

"I'm just going to get some ice at the infirmary. U-uhm bye!" You sat up quickly and began to walk out the classroom until someone grabbed your wrist.

"Let me take you!" Bokuto proudly stated as he pointed to himself. "It's my fault anyways."

"I-it's really nothing Bokuto-kun!" You reassured smiling back at him but he completely ignored your calls and dragged you to the infirmary.

"(L/n) right?" He gave you a cold pack to ease your head pain.

"Oh! Y-yeah! (L/n) (F/n), third year," you laughed nervously.

'God (F/n) sound so dumb right now' you thought.

"Bokuto Koutarou! Class 1, third year, ace and captain of the volleyball team, one of the best, number 4!" He chided.

It made you laugh at his silly antics but you immediately covered your mouth with your hands.

"I–I I'm s–,"

"Why'd you stop?" His face dropped to a frown.

"N-no! No... It's just.." You couldn't explain it yourself. It was something that was natural for you to do.

"Don't hide your laugh. Personally I really like it! You look better when you smile!" He smiled brightly.

"Oh, thank you!" You stared at the ground trying to hide your heated face. "W-we should head back! Class is starting soon!"

Bokuto nodded as the both of you walked out of the infirmary.

"Hey! We should hang out during lunch! All the guys are doing other club activities and i don't feel like sitting next to jerks," he beamed.