Azumani Asahi || Stop Running

Fixing the bag on your shoulder you smiled as you walked through the schools hallway. You were excited to finally be able watch the volley team practice. You haven't gone in a long while due to your constant busy schedule. You missed seeing everyone play their hearts out.

You were particularly more excited to watch Karasuno's ace.

~
"Hey Asahi! How's volleyball? I haven't been able to watch your practices lately since I'm really busy and all."

"O-oh (F/n), uh yeah, it's been good! We're working hard."

"I meet your first-years already! Hinata and Kageyama always seem to be bickering. Hopefully one day I get to see you again!"
~

Sliding the metal doors open you were thrilled to see everyone.

"(F/n)! Your here!"

"Nishinoya!" You smiled brightly. He darted in your direction as Tanaka trailed behind.

Before they could throw you off balance someone threw their arm out in front of you.

"Be careful, your going to hurt her," Kiyoko stated calmly, "it's good to see you (F/n)."

"Thanks Kiyoko, it's good to see you too," You smiled and made your way to the bleachers.

"You haven't been here for a while now, so hows it been?" Daichi sat beside you as he fixed his knee pads.

"My schedule is all filled up and I couldn't find a good day to come. But I'm happy I was able to come today," You scanned the gym looking for a certain player, "so Asahi hasn't arrived yet?"

Daichi's face fell as soon as I mentioned his name, "You.. haven't heard?"

"Heard? What do you mean?"

"Asahi stopped coming to practice since our last match with Date Tech."

Your heart sank as you heard those words, "So he just left?"

Daichi nodded his head before turning towards me again, "it's alright, we've tried to convince him. It really takes a toll on Nishinoya though–"

"No, it's not alright! He told me he's been here! He's been lying to me? That's unfair! He's being unfair to the team!" You abruptly stood from the bleachers and bolted towards the exit, "i'm going to straighten that man out."

You ran towards the school hallways and searched the classrooms. You knew he was here. You just knew it. You found him exiting the school doors and began to walk towards the gate.

"Azumani Asahi!" You huffed trying to catch your breath.

"(F/n)?" He turned his heel shocked to see your figure, "w-what's wrong?"

"You know damn well what's wrong! Why would you just lie to me!"

He stayed remained silent and stared at the ground.

"Giving up isn't going to make anything better! The team needs you!" You shouted angrily.

"You wouldn't understand."

"That doesn't matter! Whether I understand it or not! The team is willing to help you! They'll always be there for you! You're an amazing ace!"

"The team doesn't need an ace who isn't able to score!" He snapped back, "they don't need me! It'll only be a waist of time."

"Nishinoya will receive the ball every time. Sugawara will always set to you. At least try for them!"

"Well there work would be gone to waist on me," He turned around and began to walk away.