Akaashi Keiji || You're not alone

Suppressing your vulnerability was something you've been doing for a long time. As sad as it sounds, hardly anyone asks about how you are because of how much you've been putting up a front lately. You couldn't blame them though, you've locked yourself up.

Then one day you fell in love. You fell in love with a guy you considered your best friend. Although you couldn't truly love yourself, you knew you could love him with all your heart. He made you feel important. He was probably the one person who you could trust without feeling judged.

"Keiji.." you sobbed leaning your head against his chest, "I'm so pathetic, I shouldn't be pouring out all these problems on you. I'm sorry.."

Although Akaashi wasn't always the best at expressing emotions or his feelings, it's the little things he did for you was more than enough.

Staying silent, his eyes softened as he lifted your chin. Using the sleeve from his jacket he wiped the falling tears from your eyes and used his other hand to gently brush out the messy tangles in your (h/c) hair.

Blinking you were able to clearly see the small smile on his face. Wrapping your arms around his torso, he stroked the back of your head.

"Thank you.."

After all the times he's been there for you, comforting you, listening to you; it made you think about how he felt. Was he holding onto grudges too? Is he also fighting alone? You wanted to be there for him, but if he hardly told you about about how he felt, how could you.

It almost made you doubt yourself. You felt terrible that it was so one-sided. However, you'd never want to push or forced him to say something. So you did your best to feel the same way he made you feel, but couldn't you do more?

There you stood, in the stands, watching the game. Your hands were tightly gripping onto the metal bars making your knuckles turn white.

They lost.

It was heartbreaking, but what hurt you the most was the expression on your boyfriends face. Though it was hardly noticeable, to you, it was as clear as day. Releasing your grip, you ran down the stands and rushed through the stadiums halls. Stopping, you found the demoralized team, but no Akaashi in sight.

"You guys were amazing out there, sure you didn't win today, but that will help you become stronger," you reassured, "by the way, have you guys seen Akaashi?"

They smiled at you and nodded, "He went to the bathroom, but I think he's handling it pretty badly."

"Thank you, I'll see you guys soon," you bowed and quickly made your way towards the wash rooms.

Stopping in your tracks your blood ran cold. His face was in the palm of his hands as he sat on the cold tiled floor outside of the bathroom.

Not wanting to startle him you walked slowly up to his shaking figure and sat yourself down in front of him.

He noticed your presence, but he didn't want you to see his face. He never wanted you to see him like this. It was humiliating to him, he wanted to be strong, strong for you. However, you almost felt relieved. For all the times he's been there for you during times like these, you could finally be there for him.

Without saying a word, you moved his hands away from his face. His eyes were puffy and red. He looked exhausted.

You ran circles on the palms of his hands with your thumbs.

He thought you would pity him, but your gestures were filled with nothing but kindness and love.

Pressing your forehead against his, you smiled.

Exhaling deeply, he intertwined his fingers with your smaller ones.

To your surprise, you felt soft lips against your own. Returning the kiss, you broke away and leaned forward and rested your chin onto his shoulder.

"There are times where you will feel lonely," you whispered, "but, I hope you know that you're never alone."

Moving his face into the crook of your neck you could feel him smile, "I know, I have the team, and I have you..."

"And I have you.. I love you Keiji, I'll always be right here."

"I love you too (F/n)."

A/n
(it's a short one,,)
Don't be afraid to request if you want to see anything in particular whether it's a certain character and/or scenario!
That's all, I'll see you later:)))