Kuroo Tetsurou || Table for Two

"This sucks," you sighed to yourself. You pulled your hood over your face to shield yourself from the rain.

You had an essay to finish and it just so happened that your wifi router stopped working all of the sudden.

"Here's your (Favorite drink)," the barista smiled.

"Thank you."

You scanned the crowded cafe only to realize that getting a free table was far from possible. You're gaze landed on an empty seat nearby the large windows, however a guy around your age occupied the other side of it.

'I'm too socially incapable to ask,' you thought. Shaking your head you grumbled, "Now's not the time to be like this (F/n), I'll finish my essay then I'll leave."

"E-excuse me? Do you mind if I sit here for a bit?"

"I don't mind. Go ahead."

"Thanks, it won't be long," you laughed nervously as you pulled out your laptop from your bag.

"It's pretty crowded in here, isn't it?" He yawned.

'Is this guy seriously trying to strike up a conversation..?'

Not wanting to be rude you lifted your head, "Sure is, probably cause the weather's pretty shitty today."

'Way to go (F/n), make it more awkward why don't you?' you mentally slapped yourself.

"Looks like you had it pretty rough out there. Did you forget an umbrella?" He chuckled staring at your soaked hoodie.

'Is this guy trying to square up to me right now?'

"I wouldn't be this soaked if that weren't the case now would it?" Sarcasm dripped from your tone.

"I don't know, maybe you just really like the rain," he smirked.

"Do you mind if I had your name? I'd like to put you at the top of the page in my death note," you smiled sweetly.

"If it's you, I don't think I'll mind so much. Kuroo Tetsurou. Now I'd like to have your name as well, I think it'll look best in my contact list," he teased.

"Touché. (L/n) (F/n)," you giggled and moved your focus back onto your computer, "you don't have anything to do?"

"Nah, I just wanted to chill out here. Why not go home and do your work over there?"

"I wish I could, but my wifi's busted so I don't really have a choice."

"Not the best of days am I right?"

"Yeah.. could be worst. Not hoping for it though."

~

"It's still pouring," you groaned.

"Well, have a nice cool shower on your way home (L/n)," he mocked while he opened up his own umbrella.

"You're cruel."

"I'm kidding," he tilted the umbrella over your head, "here, you can return it to me later."

"What? I can't take it, you need it," you dejected, "you'll get sick."

"I have a pretty good immune system, besides I don't live very far from here and I walk pretty quickly."

"Well, aren't you a man of gifts."

"Yeah well, I don't think you'd want to be buying a new router plus a new laptop once it gets water damaged."