Yaku Morisuke || Caraphernelia

Your nails dug into the album's leather cover. The tears that fell carelessly onto the smooth surface of the laminated pages rolled down some of the happiest moments of your life.

Was it anger? Sadness? Not quite. It felt more like saudade.

Raising your head you stared lifelessly at the blank ceiling that once sheltered you and him. This was your home. Not his. But, it really didn't feel like yours. The home you've always hoped to call 'ours.'

No matter how much you desperately wanted to forget, it was utterly impossible. The day that your heart has shattered.

~

"Yaku! You're back! How was today?" You bounced happily up to your boyfriend and hugged him tightly. The male had only stared sadly and sighed deeply refusing to return the embrace.

"Hey.. Had a bad day?" You released him worried for his being, "Come, let's go on the couch."

"No, I don't have time right now (F/n)."

You flinched slightly by his harsh tone. You knew this wasn't a joking matter.

"Okay..? What is it?" You shifted your weight obviously anxious by the situation since you had no idea was it was about.

"I'm leaving."

Your breath hitched in your throat, "W-where to..? When will you be back?"

"(F/n)–"

"Vacation? Family? Are you going on vacation with family?"

"(F/n)!–"

"You're going out again? Or.. you're not moving are you?"

"No (F/n)! Stop!"

"Then what's wrong Yaku!" You argued getting angry.

"You," he lowered his head, "I'm leaving you."

"Huh?" Your face fell and you smiled slightly, "You're joking right?"

He simply shook his head, "I'm breaking up with you. I think it'd be best if we didn't see each other anymore."

"What did I do?! I've done nothing to hurt you! If you just tell me I could fix it! I can change! I'm sorry! But I don't understand, Yaku!" Your voice cracked.

"I'm not asking for you to change. I'm asking for you to let me go," He avoided your breaking gaze.

"Why? Why are you being like this? Snap out of it!"

"I don't need you."

Every word that escaped his lips broke you even more. You didn't even realize that you were practically sobbing. 

"Do you even know how that sounds to me?" You sobbed, "ALL I'VE EVER DONE WAS LOVE YOU! AND NOW YOUR GOING TO TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME AND AND JUST LEAVE AS IF I MEANT NOTHING TO YOU!"

"You did! I did too (F/n)! You deserve better now," He retorted.

"Stop lying you jerk! Four years Yaku. FOUR FUCKING YEARS," You screamed angrily staring at his stiff figure. He was no longer looking at you, instead he was looking past you, "and now you can't even look me in the eye. Look at me Yaku."

His face showed guilt but you knew his words were genuine.

"Unbelievable," you scoffed.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't leave (F/n)."

"Because I love you," your voice grew desperate.

"I'm sorry, I can't do the same," He tried to reach for your hand but you retracted.

"I know, I'm done now you can go."

"I'm–"

"Just leave."

~

Placing the album into a box you opened your closet. You caressed the soft fabric of the sweatshirts he had left behind. Removing them individually from the hangers you folded them nicely and packed the last remaining box.

"How cruel. Abandoning me without an explanation then leaving me to rot in these memories," you laughed bitterly tasting the salty tears on your lips.

Hauling the boxes up the small set of steps you stacked them nicely in the corner of your attic. Removing the cap from the marker your hands shook as you labeled each one of them.

'Yaku'

Closing the attic, you fell onto your bed.

"Eventually I'll get over you. But, I don't think I could love again. I'm afraid that my mistake, whatever it was, would happen again. I don't think I would be able to handle it anymore," you turned to your side and stared at the last photo on your phone, "I wonder if I've ever crossed you mind. Did you find someone yet? I hope your happy. Your free."

'Are you sure you want to permanently delete this photo?'

'Yes'

Caraphernelia
- a condition in which someone abandons you but leaves their belongings behind, inducing painful memories.

A/n
It's been awhile since i've tried to do an angst. Sorry guys this was short! Honestly I didn't think this was sad sorry I guess i wasn't in the right mood to write an angst maybe?
Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed. I'm working on another one shot which should be done soon!

<breadstickscrown signed out>