Sugawara Koushi || Never meant to be. Part 2

Hours had passed and you still refused to leave your spot from under the climbing structure. Your empty eyes stared blankly at the small and beautifully created snowflakes that fell ever so delicately onto the thin layer of bright white snow that was laid out on the parks ground.

You pulled out the small notes from him out of your pockets and stared at them briefly once again. You laid them on the ground as you smiled sadly.

"If there's anyway that I'm going to have to get over you, then I must accept the situation and move on. I have to leave it behind," You pulled out a small lighter from your small bag and watched as the flame flickered. You placed it carefully onto the pieces of paper and watched it burn slowly.

You crawled out from under the climbing structure and tucked your hands back into your warm coat. Without even looking back you left to go home.

Little did you know the notes that were left behind to burn had been burned out by the icy breeze.

You entered your home once again. Looking around you've realized about how many memories still lingered in your home.

You grabbed a box and collected all the pictures of you and him together that was in your home.

"Just one last time (F/n). That's all," You exhaled as you looked through the pictures.

You smiled softly at some of the best memories you've ever had with him. You caressed the picture with your thumb as it glided along his face.

"I wish I had never met you," you chocked back a small sob as you quickly put the items in the box and taped it up. You placed the box in the back of your closet to ensure that you'd never have to see the painful memories again.

~timeskip~
*A couple months later*

"Hey (F/n)," One of your best friends from high school came up to you while you were at nearby cafe getting some coffee for yourself.

"Daichi?! How have you been I haven't seen you in a long time!" You stood up to give him a hug. He joined you at the cafe as you both caught up. But one thing that he mentioned caught you off guard.

"Hey, I'm sorry about what happened .. you know, with Sugawara," He scratched the back of his head nervously.

"No.. don't be. It's all the past now. It's not like it matters anymore. I'm giving up on hoping. But my dumb ass well knows that something like that will ever happen," You took another sip of your coffee.

"You don't know that..."

"You're right Sawamura, I don't but I don't want to wait any longer for something like that to come. It's not worth it," You explained. "Plus it's only dragging me down."

"You should at least talk to him one last time," He suggested.

"I told you Dai-chan! It doesn't even matter anyways–."

"You're right. But you should talk to him properly. You didn't even reply to him when he sent you that letter," He cut you off. "If you want to get over him then break it off completely."

"How'd you know about all this?" You asked.

"That doesn't matter at the moment (F/n). We can talk more later. Now go." He motioned you.