Kuroo Tetsurou || Should've Treated Me Badly part2

"Kuroo, it's been a year," His blonde friend stated not taking his eyes off his game counsel.

"I wasn't—," Kuroo groaned catching himself thinking about you again. "Damnit, guess I was.."

After you broke up with him he immediately cut off all connections with the girl. She only reminded him of his mistakes. And it would forever leave him with the venom still pumping throughout his heart.

He laughed bitterly, "Shit, it still hurts like hell."

"You can't be drowning yourself in guilt forever now," Kenma sighed pausing his game to look over at his friend.

"It's not guilt Kenma. I mean yeah, I'm guilty, but I know what guilt feels like," Leaning his head against the wall his eyes only showed visible signs of pain. "I've never felt this before.."

"Do you still love (F/n)?"

His question brought a pang to his heart. Thousands of images of you flashed through his head making him feel lightheaded.

"Don't– don't say her name," Stuffing his face into his hands preventing the tears threatening to fall.

"Kuroo, you haven't said her name since that day."

Kuroo froze up realizing how long he's been trying to forget. But he never has and he never could.

"I love (F/n)," He stated under his breath then quickly standing up to put on his shoes. "I'll be right back."

He wasn't exactly sure where his feet were taking him, but he was running as if his life depended on it. He didn't want to have another sleepless night. He didn't want to have to cry for another year.

He found himself at the same light post where it all ended. Or began. And to his surprise, you were right there biting the tips of your nails whenever you would over think and stress out.
He remembered, all your small gestures.

The way your eyes lit up whenever he suggested to go on a date, the way you laughed hysterically at all his stupid jokes, the way you slumped into his arms when you were feeling down, they way you fiddled with the hem of your shirt whenever you tried to lie. He remembered it all.

"(F/n)? You're... here," He stopped to catch his breath. The sudden voice startled you and your entire body tensed up as the aching feeling in your heart rose again.

"K-kuroo, what are you doing here?" You turned your head to look elsewhere.

"I should be asking you the same question," he said softly not taking his eyes away from your face remembering how beautiful you are.

"Just.. fresh air. I'll head home," you turned away to leave.

"Wait! Please, not again," His voice was desperate and broken. You turned to look at his face. Devastation was all you saw. His eyes were tired and swollen. His hair was even more messy than usual.

"Are you feeling okay..?" You face grew worried but you were scared to reach out to him.

"No! No, I'm not okay. How could I be okay?! I don't know why I ever thought I could do this. Forget you. But here I am. I did this to myself. I hurt you. And I wish that I could just go back in time to fix it all. Fix everything. But I can't, and that's what sucks! Now I have to live with this feeling. And it hurts. It's so painful (F/n). I keep thinking that it would get better, but every damn second it hurts even more. Before you left.. I never realized how much I needed you in my life. I don't know why I'm here. I know that I could never be forgiven. And that I have no right stand here right in front of you. I'm sorry. I shouldn't even be here," He broke down slumped onto the bench next to him. "You can leave, I just want you to be happy.."

You quietly sat down next to him and stared at the ground as you heard his soft cries beside you.

"I tried to be happy without you. I tried to forget too. But every day I thought I was getting better, I'd just go back to sleep and have these dreams and I'd be back to square one," you laughed softly. "You never left my dreams. They were all dreams filled with happiness and love.. but, as soon as I woke up, I was hit by the harsh reality. A part of me believed, that you weren't going to let me forget you. That you weren't ready for me to let go."

"(F/n)..." He noticed the tears that started rolling down your cheeks he tried his best to stop himself from wanting to embrace you and tell you that everything is going to be alright.

"Maybe, you were telling me to hold on. I can't just forget, when you're always there when I go to sleep. Sometimes, I don't sleep. Because I don't want to have to be sad when I wake up again knowing that I'll never get to see your 'good morning' texts on my phone. I just wanted to forget! So it wouldn't have to hurt this much. I felt like I had to forget. But why couldn't I," You sobbed. "And keep coming back here. Hoping that I will see you again, and you're finally here and I don't know if I could take it. I still love you Tetsurou."

No longer holding himself back he wrapped his arms around you tightly and held you in his chest.

"You are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. I love you more than anything else in this world. I'm so sorry, that I caused you so much pain and confusion. When you left it made me realized that you were the missing piece in my life that I needed. I may sound selfish. But I don't care. I'd rather die than see you walk down the aisle with another man knowing that I was a mistake. I'm sorry it took me this long to realize," Nuzzling his head into the crook of your neck he kissed your temples softly. "You don't even know how long I've wanted to hold you in my arms again."

"I felt so lost when you left. Don't ever make me have to do that again. I swear, I wouldn't be able take it."

"No, never. I swear. It would never even cross my mind," He kissed your soft lips that he craved for so long making him melt as you returned the gesture. He missed everything about you.

"I love you," he whispered then kissed you again.

"I'm tired, let's go home," you smiled softly making warmth spread throughout his heart.

"Yeah, it's been a long year."

A/n
yeah, kuroo deserved a happy ending.
Happy Halloween
<breadstickscrown signed out>