Chapter Eighteen - A New Civilian

I had to re-upload this chapter because I made a major error but it's now been corrected :)

Enjoy this chapter because it might be another long while before I upload again and considering I've got mocks coming up in a week, I'll be absent for quite a while.

Kazue Kawaguchi (without the tattoos) --->

- Third Person's P.O.V -

The sound of soft rushing wind permeates the silent forest. The sound of feet on branches floats through the air as two pair of bodies' race through the trees, obscured by the dark night above. A coterie of birds takes to the air in a flurry of blue wings when a body zips past them, a streak of dark clothing blending into the atmosphere.

The bodies continue their speed though the cover of tree leaves before one decides to go higher whilst the other goes on a head; green eyes trained in front of them as their arms are stretched back.

It doesn't take long for the duo to reach their destination: a boulder cleverly concealed by brambles sitting comfortably by a mountain side. The greenish, brown leaves of the forest nicely cover a paper with the kanji for sealing that sticks in the centre of the boulder. Only someone with the keenest eyes possible or someone who has been there before and knows what to look for will see it.

"It's about time we got here," a voice of one the bodies grumbles after he lands an exiguous amount away from the large stone, arms resting on his bent knees. He scowls at the rock though also maintaining a dull expression. "Why must she have the hideout so far from anything?"

"Better concealment that way, Rei." The first body's companion clarifies with a chuckle, as he passes him to stand directly in front of the concealed boulder. To an outsider, it will look like they're staring at completely nothing.

Rei snorts as he stretches his legs and crosses his arms. He dully watches his companion raise his hand to his lips; the index and middle fingers held up. A moment passes when the boulder suddenly trembles before gradually moving to reveal a stretched hole in the ground, stairs leading to somewhere dark. Very dark.

The pair walks down the stairs leisurely and the boulder moves slowly back to its previous position. The forest is once again unperturbed and the presence of the two bodies has now vanished without a trace in sight.

💠==✴==💠

Silently, Rei and Shusuke stroll down a hallway rendered dark from having been dug metres from the surface and natural light. The sconces on the walls are spaced out evenly and the candlelight flickers from the diminutive traces of a breeze, the motion causing the shadows of the moving bodies to appear human then animalistic then human again.

The sandals touching the stone cold floor with each step floats down the dilatory hallway, being the only sound that proves there's life in this underground hideout.

The pair turns a corner, coming into focus of a large open archway that leads into an even darker cavern. A total of ten sconces line the walls, throwing out enough light to see silhouettes of bodies waiting for the pair. Unusually, the eyes of the silhouettes stand out strikingly. An array of different colours but a group of a certain eyes stand at the head of the cavern: fuchsia, a deep blue and a pale jade. The silhouette at the head of them all has its eyes closed.

"Oh, look. The lovers finally return." The voice of the fuchsia eyes japes, the lids slightly creasing to show their mirth.

"Took you guys long enough," another voice, a female voice that's has an unusual husky tenor to it complains. The pale jade eyes in the silhouette glare at the duo standing casually at the mouth of the cavern. "We had to sit here waiting for your sorry asses to do your job. How fúcking long does it take to perform a simple stakeout mission?"