Chapter Nine - Persistence

Oh thank the heavens, I have finally uploaded!! I'm sorry about that and I deserved to be punished for that. Yes...yes I know but who will upload more chapters ;)

On another note, I have finally made it to the Chunin Exams *squeals* I have be DYING to get this far but of course there's gonna be alot happening, so my lovely readers brace yourselves!

This chapter is shorter than the last one but I thoought it would great to end it here as a cliffhanger, but don't worry I promise to make the next chapter alot longer and hopefully there will be new infomation learned ;)

I'll try and get chapter 10 up WAY sooner than this one, but until then please enjoy!

Rate, Vote & Comment

Peace!

My special guest ;D ^^

- Akai's P.O.V -

The mid afternoon sun shines through my half open window and the warm air fills my room as I sit cross-legged on my bed, wiping down the blade of my sword, humming the song that came to my mind on the bridge as I do so. The rest of my weapons are laid out neatly in front of me.

It's been a week since we came back from the Land of Waves and we've pretty much gone back to the usual D rank missions. Of course, Naruto has been complaining for a tougher mission. Wasn't the last one enough for him? Each day I get more agitated with him, resulting with me punching him into a tree when he wouldn't shut up one day.

On a good note, I haven't thought about Mezasu at all which I would admit a relief but how I acted on the bridge still bothers me. Every time I see Sasuke it just reminds me of what I thought. As a result I've been even ruder to him...if that's even possible.

When we got back, Kakashi made it his mission to clean out the guest room and after tried to say that's where I'll be sleeping but I refused to move so now he sleeps there. One more victory for me...

I continue to clean down my sword when I hear a shout coming from the bathroom. My hand automatically stops wiping my sword and I peer up at my door. After a moment of not hearing it again, I resume my task.

"Ow! Dammit!"

A groan slips from my mouth before I stop cleaning my sword, placing it next to me and pushing myself off the bed.

I make my way to the bathroom and knock - well more like bang. "Akai, is that you?"

I roll my eyes at stupidity of the Jonin's question. "Who else lives with you, Scarecrow?" I answer sarcastically. "What is going on in there? Your shouting is irritating me."

The sound of rushing water hits my ears through the door. "N-Nothing!" Kakashi's muffled voice sounds over the rushing water. "I-I'm just washing my hands. Don't worry."

I scoff, turning around to make my way back to my room. "Dammit!"

Growling to myself, I turn back around and push the door open without a care if the Jonin allowed me to or not. Kakashi jumps when I push open the door and I slowly blink a few times, my mind slowly processing what I'm seeing.

Kakashi is topless and nursing his wound with cotton wool. His top is discarded on the floor along and a bloody bandage is pack into one tiny hill next to the bath. The sink is filled with bloody cotton wools and first aid kit.