Chapter Twenty-Nine - The Unveiling

Hey, guys. Long time, no see, huh? 

I apologise for the slower update of this chapter but I hope the content is enough of an apology. 

I will have to say that updates may not come as I would want them to. I'm back at uni, now (still unpacking my crap) and even though, lectures haven't started yet, 2nd is not going to be as cute as 1st year so my schedule is going to be work work work work work work work work work....

Anyhow, please do enjoy this chapter as things take an interesting turn. (Hint: it's in the title ;P)

- Third Person's P.O.V -

"What the heck is going on?" A rather impatient Mio questions gruffly, lounging carelessly on a table-like stone, one arm hanging off the side.

Shusuke takes a peek at the silver haired girl and rolls his eyes before taking a gander of everyone else present. All those who are members of the Ōshitsu Kīpā are present apart from Mezasu, their leader. 

The brunette glances at his best friend leaning against a boulder, one foot propped up against it as he slurps from a bowl of steaming ramen, eyes also appraising everyone else.

His eyes connects with that of Shusuke's and he shrugs, before concentrating solely on his food.

Shusuke looks to Naruki and the Hyūga has his eyes closed and arms crossed, a habitual trait of his whenever he has to wait. It was a rare thing for the Ōshitsu Kīpā to be summon at once and seeing as they haven't a need to be summon, it did evoke some confusion.

Mio groans loudly, rolling her head to the side. Shusuke and Rei roll their eyes as Naruki's eye ticks. "What's taking so damn long?" 

"Maybe if you'd be quiet, time will move faster." The Hyūga mutters irritably, keeping his eyes closed.

Mio groans loudly again, making Rei chuckle, a trail of noodles working into his mouth and Naruki grit his teeth.

"You guys know I'm no good with waiting," Mio says, placing one foot on the table and stretching her hands above her head. "Especially if we don't know what we're waiting for."

"Like I said, shut up and we'll know the reason soon enough."

Shusuke chortles quietly as the ex-Cloud Kunoichi glares at Naruki from the corner of her eye. However, her prayers are answered before she could even come up with a snarky response in the form of Mezasu and Rokuro strolling into the cavern they were told to meet.

They flank their ruby-eyed leader, her gait as smooth and graceful as a swan. Mio instantly sit up as she passes, throwing an arm over her propped up knee.

Rei continues to eat like casual, earning himself a sharp jab to the ribs, and makes a sound of protest, the sound muffled by his noodles. "...It is OK, Naruki..." The woman drawls softly. "...Let him eat..."

Rei instantly sends a glare to which Naruki sends one right back. Mezasu and Rokuro break off to stand on the opposite side and Shusuke arches a brow at the sight of Rokuro opposite him.