Chapter Twenty-Six - Interposition

Not too long after the previous chapter and I'm updating RLG again! Yes

Enjoy this chapter and remember to vote and comment to let me know what you think. And should you have the urge to, pass this story on! 

N/A - I will update ASB. I'm just suffering from a slight writer's block and trying to find inspiration. But I promise, I will bless you guys with an update. Just bear with me :) :)

Have fun!

- Third Person's P.O.V -

Jiraiya and Tsunade face off against their former teammate, Orochimaru, all standing on top of their respective summons. The snake summoner smirks at Jiraiya and Tsunade, his arms hanging disturbingly by his side. It has been a while since they've all had been together and it is quite the reunion.

Jiraiya narrows his eyes at Orochimaru, sweat trickling down his face. He was barely able to summon Gamabunta due to the nasty drug of Tsunade's doing. He's calculating how he's going to fight as his body still isn't under his full control.

The Toad Sage suddenly turns to his left to Akai strangling the man she had been fighting whilst the others were preoccupied. Orochimaru had reacted approvingly which only makes the Sanin speculate that his presence right here and now had been intended. But little does he know that the man's presence had been intended by another and Orochimaru was only a means to an end.

Jiraiya snaps his attention back to the situation at hand when he feels Gamabunta stiffen beneath his feet. He'd have to worry about Akai later...

💠==✴==💠

Akai gazes down at her bloodied hands in a euphoric state, a twisted grin on her face. She brings one hand closer and trails her bottom lip, leaving a red line in its wake.

Her tongue slithers out to scoop up the blood trail, cackling sinisterly when the metallic tang bursts in her mouth. She's never tasted something so divine...

Akai suddenly snaps out of her daydream, glancing down at the man still struggling in her grasp and grinning wider than before. She wants that fantasy to come true and she's not going to stop until it is a reality...

She presses down harder and the man sucks in a strained breath, hands blindly trying to get her off him.

"P-Princess...." he rasps desperately, gritting his teeth as he feels his breathing decreasing. "I...I can help you! I-I can h-help you get control over your Curse Mark!"

The announcement shocking Akai out of her blood lust, the petite Kunoichi's pressure promptly slackens allowing the man to drag in a large quantity of air. "What I say is true," he reiterates after a moment, pausing to swallow as much air as possible, his chest heaving. "I can help you gain control of the Curse Mark..."

Akai eyes the man sceptically, narrowing her eyes. The man hold hers eyes with his own determined ones instead of looking away, letting her know that what he claims is not a lie.

Akai completely removes her hand from his neck and watches the man close his eyes on a sigh, rubbing his neck tenderly as his Curse Mark recedes back under his shirt.

"Why are you telling me this?" Akai questions lowly, as the man opens his eyes to gaze at her, laughing shortly. "You tried to kill me."

"Indeed I did, but my intention was to not actually kill you." the man informs her, keeping himself on his back. If he wants the Kunoichi to believe him, he's going to have to remain in a position that gives her reassurance. And letting her sit on top of him is the only way.