Chapter Seventeen - Reactivation

Hiya err'body! Chapter seventeen is finally here and I sincerely hope you all enjoy it. Make sure to keep reading towards the end b'coz there's something y'all need to read.

Vote & comment. Enjoy :')

- Akai's P.O.V -

A crater forms around a Sound Nin's body as he powerfully collides with the wall before sliding down in a bloody heap.

I spin on my heel to block a kunai with my katanna, drawing its twin and slashing across the stomach of another Sound Nin.

"Is there no end to them?" I growl, blocking another kunai before leaping over the unsuspecting Sand Nin and stabbing him through his throat.

"Just keep fighting." I hear Kakashi say as I sweep a man's legs from under him, back flipping onto a bench behind a sleeping civilian. Making sure I don't accidently kick her head in, I fight off several Shinobi as they advance on me, pushing a kunai away with my foot before spearing my katanna through the head of a Sand Nin.

Just as I stab another one, I suddenly pause as a sense of dread overcoming me, turning around. My eyes widen when a purple barrier rises to the sky, held by four people.

That's where the Hokage is! I think frantically, only having to spin around to catch a punch just before it hits my throat. I glare at the Sound Nin I have in my grasp, smirking evilly.

"I've always wanted to cut off an arm." I say menacingly and the man's eyes widen, a scream leaving his mouth when I swipe my katanna upward.

Blood sprays from his wound and I move back to avoid the spray as he lands on the ground, clutching the stump of his arm, blood seeping through the cracks of his fingers.

"Why didn't you go with the others when they went after Sasuke?" Kakashi asks when I land with my back to his and watch the Sound Nin surrounding us.

"Because they wouldn't need my help," I answer, diverting my eyes as I count. "They can handle themselves. Now, do you want the right or the left?"

Kakashi chuckles before answering. "Left." I immediately leap to the right, slashing through the stomachs of four men before throwing my body onto one hand and rotating with my legs outstretched.

"This brat is getting on my nerves. Kill her."

I push off the ground and land on the railing, sheathing my katanna to perform handsigns as I glare at the group of Sound Nin in front of me. "Lightning Style: Electric Murder!"

Lightning sparks around my arms before travelling down and I throw my hands out, the lightning focusing in the palms and shooting for the Sand Nin.

Their screams resonate through the stands and Kakashi whirls around to face me. I send him a careless shrug about the sparking bodies on the floor and he sighs before continuing to fight his opponents.

"Wait a minute. You're the girl Lord Orochimaru spoke about." I turn to be met with the astonished expression of a Sound Nin, gritting my teeth when I register what he just said.

"Is that so?" I reply sardonically, sliding off the railing so that I'm standing.

The Sound Nin flinches at the death glare I send him, gasping when my katanna pierces his chest where his heart is and exits from his back.