Chapter Twenty-One - The Three Enigmas

Shusuke Akamine (without the glasses) ^^

- Third Person's P.O.V -

"This can't be happening."

Yellow eyes roll at the indignant voice behind them before the owner of the eyes stuff their hands into their pockets, adjusting the shade leg in their mouth. Canopies of trees part to a clearing just off to the side a beautiful narrow lake, long blades of grass dancing along its bank. The dense forest stands shielding the other side of the clearing and stands with its darkness contrasting beside the brightness of the clearing.

"Yes, this is going to happen, Tatsuo," the owner of the yellow eyes sighs as they come to a stop just beside the lake, staring off into the direction the lake flows. They turn back to the group of teens following them, resting their sight on a pouting spiky black-haired teen, arms crossed tightly over their chest, their blue eyes scowling elsewhere. "So grab yourself a straw and suck it up."

The teenager whips his head to his sensei, his scowl deepening. "That's not a nice thing to say, Hayao-sensei." he growls, his eyebrow ticking. The pale-head girl beside him giggles behind her overlong sleeve, causing the eyebrow twitch to grow and the second boy with short silver hair and bangs extending past his chin gazes listlessly at his teammate.

"He isn't exactly being rude, Tatsuo," he drawls calmly, causing said boy to glare at him from the corner of his eye. "He's giving you advice on how to process this task."

"Talk one more time, Mizuki and I'm tearing your tongue from your head." Tatsuo threatens and Mizuki blinks, quiet for a moment.

"The tongue actually leads down to the oesophagus. Not the head."

Complete silence overcomes the clearing, leading Hayao to sigh heavily as the white haired girl takes a step back, dark purple eyes shifting uneasily between the two boys in her team.

Their team do work flawlessly together but that doesn't stop the tension brewing between the boys at times. Mizuki's matter-of-fact statements never cease to piss off Tatsuo even though he never premeditates it for that purpose. As a result, something always seems to take place whether verbal or physical.

It seems physical has won this lot.

The girl releases a gasp when a blast of grey lightning is suddenly shot from Tatsuo's extended fist but Mizuki merely flicks his eyes from the ground to the ball of lightning barrelling for his head. At this gesture, a wall of silver lightning tears through the ground, blocking the Tatsuo's lightning's path before it could have the chance to crash into the teen.

The wall comes down when Mizuki merely flicks his eyes to Tatsuo suddenly looming towards him, chest puffed out and head leaning back.

The dragon boy throws his head forward, throwing a charged ball of lightning that singes blades of grass under it. Mizuki places the edges of his hands together vertically, palms facing alternate ways before throwing them apart and ultimately tearing through the lightning attack effortlessly.

Hayao releases a heavy sigh while Tatsuo growls before he charges for his teammate, leg swinging.

"Hayao-sensei, what do we do?" The only girl of the group asks over the fight, briefly glancing at the elder before she gasps and ducks from an attack meant for Mizuki's neck.