Chapter Sixteen - Invasion: An Unexpected Alliance

I hope it hasn't been that long since I last updated this story? Last time I checked it was six days ago but I'm not to sure. N e way, here's chapter sixteen and the invasion of the Leaf has begun and Akai makes an unexpected decision.

You'll find out at the end ;)

See youse at the next update!

- Akai's P.O.V -

"Good morning."

I glance up from my breakfast at Kakashi as he sits himself down at the table opposite me. I flick my eyes back down to my breakfast, which consisted of standard cereal, using the spoon to move it about the plate.

Waking up unbothered this morning, I've let my hair flow down my back and shoulders and decided not to adorn my jacket so I'm literally in my mesh shirt and shorts. I don't really have the energy and my body is still very sore. I'm surprised I've already had my shower.

"Yeah...morning..." I mumble half-heartedly, causing Kakashi to tilt his head.

I sense him rest his elbows on the table but I don't even glance up at the action.

"You alright?" he asks after a while of watching me act unnatural, and I can hear the hesitancy in his voice, as if he's unsure whether he should put that question forth or not.

I nod slowly, suddenly pushing my chair back and standing up with a sigh.

"I'm going for a walk." I inform the Jonin, putting my bowl into the sink before exiting the kitchen for my room.

I re-enter the kitchen just as Kakashi places the washed dishes on the drying rack, my jacket now on and my hair up in its usual ponytail.

I'm leaving my guns this time around. Sure, there's always a risk of people attacking but I'm going to try and steer clear of such situations. It's not like I'm a 100% to fighting people anyway.

"You going to train?" Kakashi questions, drying his hands with a dish cloth as he leans against the counter. Remembrance flashes through my expression before I shrug.

"Maybe," I murmur, turning my back on Kakashi and slipping on my sandals. "See ya..."

💠==✴==💠

Hands stuffed in my short pockets, I stroll through the streets of the Leaf village distractedly, keeping my eyes focused on my feet as I walk.

Telling Kakashi about my visions was good thing. I know it was. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulder and it sure does feel good. It does feel good to trust someone with my biggest secret...well...biggest secret so far...

However, I made sure not to tell him about Mezasu. I trust Kakashi but I don't trust him that much. I still feel like he'll be involved in something big, I just haven't thought about it much. And how could I? Other things have been taking up my time and thoughts although now is the good time to think about it.

But do I want to think about it?

I pause and glance up, a dry laugh escaping my mouth when I realise where I took myself. Of course, I would come here, I think, shaking my head as I bend my knees. I push off my feet, landing in the middle of the clearing where we had the bell test.