Chapter Two - Settling In

Here's the second chapter! I'm really excited. I feel that this story will be a sucess :D I'll try and upload the third chapter as soon as possible so sorry in advance. I expect that when a few more chapters are up, people will start rating and commenting so yeah :) but in the meantime just read and enjoy :)

Rate & Comment

Peace!

- Third Person's P.O.V -

Akai and Kakashi arrive at the Jonin's apartment, having walked there in complete silence. It had been very awkward for the two, as a result, however Kakashi made no attempt to start a conversation seeing as Akai didn't want to have one in the first place.

The masked Jonin unlocks the door to his apartment, sparing a glance at Akai over his shoulder. She observes his neighbourhood, her red eyes travelling down the neighbouring doors. Turning back, Kakashi opens his door and enters his apartment first, taking off his sandals at the entrance before turning around to see Akai still standing at the door.

"Well, aren't you coming in?"

Akai merely flickers her eyes to him then to the living room behind him. She takes a small step before pausing, glancing at Kakashi again to see him nod. Taking a deep breath, Akai walks into the apartment and closes the door behind her, cautiously following his lead of slipping out of her sandals while she observes the main room.

The apartment is surprisingly spacious with a living room to the right and a kitchen adjoining to the left. A green three-seat couch sits in the living room, opposite the medium sized TV and a small light brown coffee table in front of it. DVDs fill the shelf next to the DVD port.

A dining table for four decorates the kitchen, light brown counter tops and a fridge by the entrance. Apart from the necessities, the kitchen remains bare. Kakashi walks into the living room and turns to Akai who still observes the small apartment.

"Welcome to my home." He says modestly, gesturing to his apartment but Akai remains quiet for a few moments.

"It's OK, I guess." She eventually voices, shrugging her shoulders uncaringly and the masked Jonin sends her a closed eye smile.

"Yeah, it works for me," he sighs, throwing his hands on his hips and glancing around himself. His lone eye suddenly widens in realisation. "Wait here."

Akai rolls her eyes when the Jonin rushes down the corridor. "Ridiculous..." she mutters to herself, gazing around the small apartment and idly making her way into the kitchen.

Choosing a cabinet to her left, the red eyed girl pulls it open to find it empty, causing her to tilt her head before looking between the stove and the empty cabinet.

Scarecrow doesn't cook much by the looks of it, she thinks, closing the cabinet while shaking her head.

She glances around again, her sights landing on the bin near the entrance of the kitchen. A light bulb going off above her head, Akai strolls over to the bin and pushes down the pedal with her foot, the lid flying open and allowing her to peer inside.

She rolls of her eyes at the empty takeaway containers filling the bin to the brim. "I knew it," She mutters, taking her foot off the pedal and walking back into the living room. "Expect a man who is hardly at home to never have time to cook. I bet he hasn't had a decent meal in a long time."