Chapter Five - Memories In The Land Of Waves

Chapter 5 is up everybody! :D I hope this one is interesting and you get some hints into Akai's past ;)

I made this one longer than the last chapter and for the incoming chapters I'll try to make it as long and interesting as possible not too long though :D Also I'm changing the name of my story: from now on its called 'Red Lightning Guardian'. I think the other one sounds a little to sleazy for my ears,  so instead of typing 'Unknown Red Thunder Saviour' to read my fan-fic. just type 'Red Lightning Guardian' It sounds SO much better :D

Rate, Vote & Comment

Peace!

- Akai's P.O.V -

"Sasuke, I'm at point B."

"Sakura, I'm at point C."

There is silence.

"Naruto, I'm at point A, believe it!"

I roll my eyes. He really needs to stop saying that. Frankly, that particular verbal tic is quite irritating.

"You're slow, Naruto." Kakashi admonishes through the wireless. "Akai, what are your coordinates?"

"Akai, I'm at the 'don't want to be here' point." I reply boredly, inspecting my nails. Snickering sounds in my ears as Kakashi sighs.

I have a perfect view of the damn cat considering I'm sitting in a tree directly above the specimen. Now, you're probably wondering why I called it that. Well, I really despise cats, you see. They're nothing but fur and fur balls. And aggressive too. It's a definitive fact that I'll shoot one if they come anywhere near me.

Rustling draws my attention away from my nails and I glance down lazily to see our target dash into the trees. Instead of chasing after it, I casually turn back to my nails.

"OK, squad Seven...hmm?" Kakashi stops himself. The sound of the cat dashing through the trees becomes faint in the wireless. "The target has moved! Follow it!"

I catch a blur of pink, blue and orange dash past me in hot pursuit of our target, shaking the tree branch.

The branch wobbles just as it stopped, causing me to peer up at a displeased looking Kakashi, his arms crossed and an irritation reflecting in his lone eye.

I drop my eyes back down to my nails, observing them at different angles. "Don't you have a cat to catch?" I ask disinterestedly, switching hands to inspect. I don't know whether to paint my nails or leave them plain. If I leave them plain, they look boring but if I paint them, a dark colour maybe, they make my hands look good.

"You're supposed to be doing this mission as well, Akai." the Scarecrow reminds me, the annoyance in his tone loud and clear.

"It's over there!" Naruto's voice cackles down the line, interrupting the conversation carrying on.

"Really?" I ask sarcastically, not taking my eyes of my nails.

Kakashi sighs before turning away from me and pressing the button on his wireless. "What's your distance from the target?" he inquires, shooting me another glance from the corner of his eye.