Chapter Eight - Something Seen From Within

OMGoshh chapter 8 is finally out and the next chapter *drum roll* the Chunin Exams!! WOOPEE!! Can't wait to start that but until then enjoy this one :D :D

Rate, Vote&Comment

Peace!

- Akai's P.O.V -

"Right!"

I glance up from my nails, the sound of rushing wind permeating my eardrums.

"What!" Sasuke exclaims, as the sound gets closer.

Realising that it's probably Haku making his way towards Sasuke, I blow my nails before leaning my elbow on my knee and resting my head in my palm.

Once again, I am bored. This is not healthy for girls my age. A girl my age needs to be entertained, get my adrenaline pumping, not things that put me to sleep instead. It's ridiculous.

As the thought of sleeping becomes more gratifying, I subconsciously start humming a song to myself and continue to watch Haku as he continues to speedily make his way over to Sasuke.

I continue to hum and start tapping my fingers against my check in time with the beat my mind makes for it. I don't know why it sounds so familiar to me but it just does, like I've heard it before. It sounds like a beautiful lullaby that a mother will sing to make her child sleep. Before I know it, I can feel myself drifting off to sleep but the sound of clashing metals jolts me awake.

"Oh, so now they wanna fight..." I mutter, reluctantly raising my head off my palm and squinting my eyes to get a clear image of Sasuke clashing his kunai against Haku's senbon.

I lift my arms a fraction to stretch when I hear mumbling coming from Kakashi's direction. "Sakura, cover Tazuna and stay close to me," the Jonin orders seriously. "Let Sasuke handle this."

Resuming my agenda from earlier, I stretch my arms in front of me with my fingers entwined and bending backwards. A beautiful click is resonates from my elbows to my ears and I breathe a small sigh of relief.

Stretching has become a norm for me since because I joined this 'team'. Hardly anything interesting happens apart from that fight with Zabuza when we first encountered him but after being slammed into a tree, fighting was a no-go.

More clashing is heard before the sound of scraping replaces it. That sound makes me want to tear my own ears off...

"We want the bridge builder, not you," Haku calmly informs Sasuke, holding off his kunai with his senbon needle. "If you back down now, I won't have to kill you."

I arch a brow at him. He does sound like an Elite Ninja when he says something like that so calmly, I muse, my eyes flicking over to Sasuke as he smirks. Shame he won't listen.

"Save it." The ravenette scoffs. I roll my eyes and draw my gun, cocking the slide. I twirl the gun around my index finger skilfully as I gaze at the boy nonchalantly.

I'm not arrogant myself but I know when I can easily beat someone without breaking a sweat. But Sasuke, on the other hand, thinks he can beat anyone. It's just a nice feeling to burst his arrogant bubble now and then but right now I'll let him concentrate.

"You're making a mistake," Haku continues. "You won't be able to keep up with my speed. I've gained two key advantages."

I guess one of the advantages is the water surrounding them both, I stop twirling my gun on my finger and cross my arms over my chest even with my gun still in hand.