Chapter Eleven - Suspicions

Remember to vote&comment ^^

Peace!

- Third Person's P.O.V -

The Hokage glances up from his paperwork when a presence appears before him.

"Lord Hokage." the male ANBU addresses, kneeling down respectively, adorning the standard ANBU uniform which the exception of his cat mask, red semi-circle lines around the eyes and green, triangular lines on the forehead and on both cheeks.

The Hokage removes his pipe from his mouth. "Yes, what is it?" he inquires in his hoarse voice. He's hoping this is good news since he still couldn't find anything on the Kaminari Clan. Looks like he underestimated how secretive they are.

The male ANBU stands up straight with his hands by his sides. "I'm sure you're aware of the intruder that managed to infiltrate the village a few days ago?" he wonders and the Hokage nods.

"Yes, I am aware of that." He confirms. "I was also told that he was looking for someone. Have you found her yet?"

The ANBU shakes his head slightly. "No I haven't. She ran off by the time the intruder had disappeared," he replies monotonously. "We chased her into the forest but we lost her. She either disappeared completely or knows how to hide her chakra well that even we ANBU couldn't detect. We managed to catch a glimpse of what she looked like and used it to track her down throughout the village but to no avail."

The Hokage tilts his hat forward in thought. The ANBU practically know every resident in this village so it shouldn't prove difficult to find them. He too knows everyone who resides in this village. No one could hide themselves for long...

"Can you describe her for me." He orders, taking a whiff of his pipe. The ANBU nods.

"From what I was able to see, she had red and dark blue hair and red eyes. She seemed small, probably around 4 Ft. 9. I wasn't able to see a headband on her which means she couldn't have graduated from the academy yet."

The Hokage's eyes widens, recognising the description the ANBU had given him. Why is Akai being hunted by the ANBU? he wonders, swiftly glancing at the documents on his desk.

Akai wouldn't purposely go and look for trouble with the ANBU and Kakashi is her guardian on top of that. He'll make sure that she doesn't get into kind of trouble. But something isn't right. If she's a possible suspect amongst the ANBU then Kakashi is sure to know of it. He would've spoken to the Hokage about it but he hasn't spoken to him since the recommendations of the Chunin exams. This could mean only one thing: Akai hasn't told Kakashi about the predication she's in.

She either does know the intruder or is scared of telling him. Either way, he'll talk to Kakashi and see what he knows so far.

The Hokage stands up from his chair and walks to one of the windows behind him, folding his hands behind his back.

Akai is in the Chunin exams so he has to keep her hidden until it's over...

"Also, Lord Hokage," The ANBU speaks up, causing Hiruzen to glance over his shoulder. "The intruder kept addressing by the name Akane."

Hiruzen's eyes narrow. Akane? That is exactly the name he thought of when he was first told Akai's name. So he was right, she is somehow tied to the Kaminari Clan. Well, this is progress. At least he now knows he's on the right track.