Chapter Thirty-One - Necrosis

Hey, y'all! Another update and thankfully it's way sooner than the other times. For that, I have to apologise once again.

Anyway, here's the latest chapter and be warned...one or two chapters are left before this story ends *cries*. I'm sad that I have to say goodbye to this but I'm incredibly excited to get started on the sequel. That's where even more action starts to happen ;)

Enjoy and remember to vote and comment!

- Third Person's P.O.V -

"So...you're gonna tell us where you went?"

"No."

"Not even an idea?"

"No."

"Will you ever tell us?"

"No."

Sakura blinks at Akai before glancing worriedly at Kakashi on her right. The Jonin merely shrugs his shoulders but side-eyes his stoic student the moment the pinkette turns away from him. When Akai had appeared at the apartment randomly three days ago, she'd been so cold to him. More than usual.

He has tried to guess what the cause of it is but has come up empty. Maybe it's to do with her disappearance? He isn't too sure and he's found that doing too much digging always backfires. Akai always clocks on when someone is trying to play detective.

"Yeah, what's our next mission, Kakashi-sensei?" Naruto asks eagerly.

"We just got back from one, Naruto," Sakurai sighs tiredly, hands clasped on her bag straps. "Can't we at least take a break?"

"Come on, Sakura! Why would you stay at bored at home when we could be honing our skills as Ninja?"

"Maybe I like my boredom," Sakurai replies, moving her hands to her hips, an irritated look on her face. "Did you ever think of that?"

"Why?" Naruto pulls a face of confusion, making the pinkette sigh in exasperation.

"Forget it." She says, turning away and waving. "Bye Kakashi-sensei!"

Kakashi waves at Sakura as the other members depart, before dropping his hand and turning. He blinks, noticing that Akai is nowhere to be seen and that causes his shoulders to slump in dejection. What's with her sudden extra-coldness towards him? Could it be that she found out about what he had done?

"No, she couldn't have." The Jonin mutters aloud, strolling to the Hokage Tower.

Akai appears from behind a corner, her ruby eyes venomous and narrowed at Kakashi's back. She turns sharply on her heel and disappears.

💠==✴==💠

It wouldn't be a bad thing if I just...

Akai stands pondering over a midriff jacket, finger on her chin. She spies the price tag before shaking her head adamantly, inhaling deeply with her eyes closed.

"No, Akai. You don't need it. You don't." She mutters to herself, nodding her head in agreement and walking off.

She sprints back to the shop window, placing her hands against it. "Oh, but I really want it." She whines, pressing her head against the glass. Peering up from underneath her lashes, she observes the completely black material, the sleeve hemlines decorative with red and a criss-cross pattern on the back.