Chapter Thirteen - Reinforcements

Chapter thirteen is here! Not that long has passed since I last updated so I'm kinda happy about that. Well, hope youse enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing (though some parts dragged out a little bit LOL)

Peace!

I thought this picture of Kabuto is funny that's why I added it. But he's kinda pretty, no? ^^

- Third Person's P.O.V -

The night sky is obscured by overgrown trees and their branches, the usual sound of wildlife having ceased save for the loud chirping of crickets and the odd scuttle of bugs. But the bugs in the Forest of Death are different from the usual ones. Bugs and insects almost the sizes of the average humans hide behind the bushes, doing their routine of hunting and taking shelter. But apart from that, the forest is silent.

Lying on one of these overgrown branches is a girl, unconscious from the ordeal she suffered hours before. Her teammates are nowhere in sight, leaving her vulnerable to enemy attack or worse. However, something seems to cover her body. An invisible energy settles upon like a blanket only its purpose is the opposite. An evil and malicious aura coils around her like a snake.

The girl's eyes slowly open halfway and gaze unfocusedly in front of her as her mind tries to register her surroundings. The girl's focus clears and she blinks a few times before shifting her head to take in more of her surroundings.

A-Am I still in the forest? she asks herself dazedly before she tries to lift herself up. That's when the girl registers that her body feels like lead. Her body aches all over but the centre of her mind is focused on the dull ache on her neck. She places her hands on the branch and tries to raise herself up when a sharp pain shoots up her arm, making her cry out and collapse back on her front.

"I can't move an inch of my body..." she mutters tiredly, panting from the little movement she already made. Suddenly, her blood red eyes widen when realisation dawns on her.

Sakura...Sasuke...Naruto...

The names of her teammates run through her mind, allowing her to remember what happened hours ago. She remembers the feeling of fear she felt, her disbelief of Sasuke's uncharacteristic actions, Naruto fighting off a gigantic snake and Sasuke clutching his neck in pain. Her blood runs cold at the remembrance of an unnaturally pale face and yellow snake eyes.

Then the girl finally remembers everything.

She remembers that owner of the snake eyes injuring her. She remembers him lowering his head and sinking his fangs into her neck. A shiver crawls up her spine at the memory.

While lying down and using her good hand, the girl reaches behind her and touches her neck. She hisses at the stinging contact.

Orochimaru...

He did this. That snake injured Naruto, scared Sakura, and gave Sasuke the Curse Mark. And, damn him, he gave it to her as well. She grits her teeth. Now, she's weak and alone in a forest where chances of encountering an enemy are high, given the circumstances. The best thing to do is to find the others. Only then can she be at ease...somewhat.

Akai summons all of her energy and raises herself up, being careful of her injured wrist as she slides onto her knees, panting from the extra effort. She shakily stands up but loses her balance resulting in her falling to the ground.