Chapter Twenty - The Green-Eyed Man

I'M BACK! 

After a such a LONG wait, here is chapter twenty. I struggled with this chapter so much, y'all can't even comprehend. 

Anyhow, without further ado, RLG continues...

Rei Akiyama ^^

- Mezasu's P.O.V - (Surprise!)

I twist my hand around above my head, observing the limb boredly as I lie in the shade of a tree and rest my head in the crook of my other elbow. Dropping the raised limb, I sigh heavily, gazing at the remnants of the sun peeking through the shade of tree leaves.

I don't understand why I'm still ordered to stay in the Leaf while Akai's off on a mission with her irritating blonde teammate and one of the Legendary Sanin. That would usually make a decent excuse for me to go home, but no. I have to stay here and wait for her return. Isn't my life boring?

I blow a bored raspberry, glancing to the left in the same manner as a rustle draws my attention away from the sky. A head of black and white hair peeks from some brambles and a boy around the age of twelve emerges. The boy grins widely as he bends to pick up a rock, examining it before placing it in a basket he carries.

Slowly, I raise myself into a sitting position as realisation dawns on me, causing a sneaky grin to split my face in two.

Well, isn't this a coincidence?

I get to my feet, dusting my legs before casually strolling to the kid. He has his back to me as he admires a rock he picked up. I clear my throat to gain his attention and the kid turns to me while placing the rock in his basket, mild surprise on his young features.

"Can I help you?" He inquires pleasantly to which I shrug nonchalantly, sliding my hands into my pockets and shifting my weight to my right leg.

"I was just wondering what you're doing in the forest on your own," I answer coolly, making a face of disregard. "It isn't safe for someone your age."

"Oh! I just like collecting rocks. It's one of my pastimes," The kid replies with a shrug before turning back to his hobby. "What are you doing in the forest by yourself?"

I smirk knowingly at the boy's back before quickly dropping it into an innocent look when he turns back to me. "Walking," I reply, sending the kid a cheeky wink. "It's one of my pastimes."

Amongst watching your little red eyed friend... I think to myself, my eyes closing in a convivial smile in response to the kid's grin.

"Are you a Leaf Shinobi?" he asks as he returns to hobby, crouching beside his basket and searching for rocks he finds intriguing. "Or are you a civilian like me?"

"Neither," I answer easily, resting on my heels beside him and watching his fingers expertly pick out rocks. I take my gaze off them and search for rocks myself, picking up one and handing it to him which he takes with a smile. "I'm a Shinobi from the Hidden Waterfall village on a three-week sabbatical," I place my index finger on my lips, one eye closed cheekily. "But don't tell anyone I said that."

The kid laughs before he turns back to his hobby – while I keep up the pretence of a friendly visitor by assisting him. The kid's friendly enough and I can see why she would be drawn to him thanks to his merry grin and generally cheerful disposition. I may be faking the friendly stranger in novels and those sappy TV shows but I can feel his drawing aura; like magnetic strings pulling anything surrounding him nearer. I can just sense it – and might just be affected if I was of weaker mind.