Chapter Twelve - The 'Gift'

Okayy. First of all, I wanna apologises for disappearing off the face off the Earth and thus not uploading. I did promise a few that I'll uploadt sooner and I'm SO sorry for not heeding to my promise. 

Summer holidays has started for me and I was jus being lazy and enjoying the feeling of not having to worry about homework, coursework etc and that is why I haven't been uploading. Please, forgive me ^^

Hopefully, it won't be too long before I upload my other story so keep a look out for that.

N e way, enjoy this chapter and don't forget to vote & comment.

Peace out and have a fantastic summer! ^^

- Akai's P.O.V -

"Alright," Sasuke says as he stands up. "I'll take the scroll." I glance at up at him from my seated position before standing up with Naruto.

Look who wants to be leader now?

"Why must it be you to take the scroll?" I question the ravenette, crossing my arms. "Why can't you leave it with any of us? We're all more than capable of looking after it." I glance at Sakura to see her nodding her head.

"Some more than others..." I add as I slowly glance back at Sasuke. I spot Sakura grow an anime vein from the corner of my eye.

Sasuke gazes back at me seriously. "The scroll will be safer with me when we fight against the enemy," He answers, making me deadpan. "It'll be harder for them to get it."

"You're not the only one who can put up at fight and I don't mean Sakura or Naruto." At that, Naruto and Sakura give me confused looks and I just shrug them off.

Sasuke looks at me obviously. "Akai, you didn't even fight against the enemy before and you probably won't fight against the next one either." He states, stuffing his hands into his pockets as I look up in thought.

Yeah, he does have a point. I'll probably just sit somewhere and let the others fight. A downside of that might be that the enemy will assume I'm the weak one. I glance at Sakura as she looks around the forest fearfully. Well, that's if they somehow don't see her.

"Wait a minute, Sasuke, I-"

A sharp sound cuts Naruto off mid-sentence and we turn to see where it came from, me sensing a presence coming towards us and I narrow my eyes at the woods.

Suddenly, a torrent of wind blows against us and I bring my arms up to shield my eyes as my hair blows violently backwards.

"What is it now?!" Sasuke yells above the wind to be heard but before any of us can respond, the wind picks up speed and we're blown backwards.

I fly back a couple of metres, crashing through a series of branches. A grunt escapes from my lips when my backs crashes through a thicker one before I manage to flip around and land safely – albeit unsteadily - on a branch with another grunt. I snap my head to the direction I came from and narrow my eyes.

What the hell was that? It didn't feel like any normal wind and I could feel chakra from it. Powerful chakra. It's obvious that someone done it but who did it exactly?

It could've been that Rain Ninja from earlier now back to start what he finished with his teammates. But even if that was the case, Sasuke injured him pretty badly for him to actually come back for another fight so soon. Besides, that wind was filled with too much chakra to have come from him.