4.

In the next weeks, Mike and I have gone on 3 more dates and talk all the time. We FaceTime every night and text throughout the day.

After I got home from our fourth date last night, I could feel myself falling for him. Fast.

And that scares me out of my mind because I have a little girl who I don't want getting attached and losing someone. And I don't want another broken heart.

I heard a knock on the door so I told Alaya to keep playing in the living room while I checked to see who it was. I opened the door and there he stood.

"Hey sorry to just show up like this, but you forgot jacket in my car last night." He said and handed my my jean jacket.

"Thank you. Do you want to come inside?" I asked and I knew it was time for him to meet my daughter.

"Oh I don't want to intrude or anything." He said with his hands in his pockets.

"You're not Cmon handsome." I said and took his hand, leading him inside.

"So this is my house." I said laughing awkwardly. "Okay so we have been talking for a while now, and I think if it's okay, you could meet Alaya?" I asked and a smile grew big on his face.

"Wait... really? I would love that." He said. I smiled and called for Alaya, to which she came running to me.

I picked her up and walked back to Mike. "LayLay, this is Mike. Mike this is my babygirl Alaya." I said and she smiled shyly but cuddled into me.

"Hi Alaya! Your Mommy talks to me about how much she loves you. You are very pretty." He said and I heard her giggle.

"So we were just going to finish putting up the Christmas decorations. Would you be able to help me?" I asked smiling up at him.

"Of course I can Mamas." He said and we walked over to the tote that was left.

"Laya baby, we have to decorate the tree, come help!" I said as I sat her down.

We opened the tote and started decorating the tree. Mike helped Alaya put the star on top since I was too short, and seeing them together almost made me cry. Since then Alaya hasn't wanted to leave him alone. We sat on the couch and to watch a Christmas movie but Laya got bored quick so she ran to her playroom.

"So I have been thinking and there is something I want to ask you." Mike said and I could tell he was nervous.

Since I was cuddled into him I sat up and looked at him. "What's up?"I asked and he looked at me.

"Like you said we have been going out for a while, so I was wondering... if you would be my girlfriend?" He asked and I was ecstatic.

"I would love to be your girlfriend!" I said and I straddled his lap and kissed him passionately. The kiss lasted a few minutes until my phone rang.

It was Nick, so I answered the phone. "Hey! So I was wondering if I could stay the night on Christmas Eve so we can both wake up with Alaya and then like planned, I take her with me first?" He asked me.

"Oh yeah of course! I can't wait." I said and he agreed before we hung up. I looked over at Mike and smiled. "Sorry about that it was Nick asking about plans." I said as I cuddled back into him.

"Not a big deal baby." He said Nd the new nickname had me head over heels.

"So I was wondering if we could still take things slow? I just haven't been in a relationship in a while and I don't want to rush into things and ruin it." I said and he lifted my head to look up at him.

"Of course we can. I want to do whatever makes you comfortable." He said and I pecked his lips.

We finished the movie and I went to put Alaya down since it was 20 minutes past 8. Also meaning 20 minutes past her bed time.

I walked in to her room with her on my chest and I sat in the chair for a minute. I swayed a bit before singing her favorite song.

"The space in between us starts to feel like we're worlds apart

"The space in between us starts to feel like we're worlds apart." I started and continued as I rubbed her back. "My loves like a star yeah, you can't always see me, but you know that I'm always there."

Soon enough she was asleep so I laid her down and turned on the baby monitor before walking out and shutting the door carefully.

"I'm back!" I said as I walked into the kitchen where I left Mike. We had decided we were wanting some chocolate chip cookies and we wanted to make some.

"Okay gorgeous i preheated the oven and found all of the ingredients." He said.  I looked up at him with a smile. "Thank you baby!" Which made a big smile appear on his face.

I pulled out 2 bowls and we mixed the dry in one and the wet in the other. Mike was looking for a whisk so I wanted to mess with him. "Babe look." He turned around and I through a handful of flour at him.

He ran over and picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder. "Put me down fucker!" I said in between laughs.

Eventually he put me down and gave me a kiss. "Now I'm gonna have to shower." He said and
I giggled. Before I knew it, and egg was cracked on my head and he had said, "And now you do too!" While laughing pretty hard.

We finished the cookie dough and quickly showered in separate bathrooms. I got dressed in some sweats and a band T-shirt before walking out of my room.

"I uh... don't have any clean clothes." Mike said laughing awkwardly in a towel. I pulled him into my room and found some of Nick's that he had left for when he stays on holidays or watches Alaya late.

He went and got dressed and when he got back made me jump when he put his hands on my waist from behind. I turned around and kissed him hard. The kiss grew passionate and he lifted some so I was on the counter. I knew I had to pull away so it wouldn't go too far.

We put the cookies in the oven, and when they were done let them cool. We ate a few before putting the rest away.

We went to the couch and He started kissing me again. Our tongues caught for dominance and I let him win. His hands were on my waist as he got on top of me and my hands were on his neck.

No matter how much I wanted him, I knew we couldn't. "We... have... to... stop..." I said between kisses. He pulled away and packed my lips one time before getting off of me.

We stared at eachother eyes full of lust for a few minutes. Mike checked his phone and realized it was getting late. "I have work in the morning, I better go baby." He said.

I walked him to the door and we shared one last kiss before I watched him get in his car and drive away. One day he won't have to drive away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey y'all!! How are you liking the story? Please vote and comment letting me know any ideas you have (:
I love you, stay strong!
-S