23.

The screaming baby was laid on my bare chest, and seeing how perfect he was, I cried. He looked so much like Mike. As soon as we touched, he calmed down and stopped crying.

"Hi buddy. I'm your Mama!" I told him as tears ran down my face.

I looked up at my family, thinking about life. It just changed forever. They all smiled, Dallas was crying and Nick was trying to hide the fact that he was too.

"You're so perfect. I love you buddy." I talked to him.

He was soon taken from me and cleaned up. By the time they brought him back, I had decided. I wanted to name him a name that was Mike's favorite.

The whole rest of the morning didn't feel real. We took way too many pictures and I was on Cloud 9. Eventually they took him again to run tests, and Nick went with him since I couldnt.

 Eventually they took him again to run tests, and Nick went with him since I couldnt

ddlovato: you didn't come into the world the way I thought you would. I thought your daddy would be here, I thought you wouldnt come early, I thought I would be more prepared. but now that you are here, none of that matters. you and your older sister are all that matter❤

ddlovato: Malakai Grady Lovato-Johnson, 6 lbs 8 oz, November 10th🖤

I was able to take a little nap before Nick brought Malakai back. He was hungry so I fed him, burped him, and he feel asleep. Nick sat next to me on the bed and I leaned against him.

"Thank you. For everything. Like you do way too fucking much for me. I don't know how i will ever repay you." I told him, keeping my head down and eyes on my son.

"You don't have to. I wouldn't want my life to be any other way. I love you Demi." He told me and my eyes became glossy.
_____________________________
"Welcome home Kai! This is technically Nana's house but we get to stay here until Mommy finds the perfect house for you and Laya."

I knew he was knocked out from the car ride home, but I talked to him anyway. I sat down on the couch and waited for my mom to bring Alaya home from church.

I wasn't the best Christian. I didn't go to church as often as I probably should, but being through what I have... it's hard to believe in a God that would put you through so much.

"Mommy!" Alaya ran towards me and I instantly picked her up and she cuddled into me. "I missed you."

"Aww babygirl, I missed you too. So much. Do you wanna meet your brother?" I asked her and she jumped up and nodded so violently I thought she might get a concussion.

I took Malakai out of the carseat and helped Alaya hold him. Thankfully she had a lot of practice holding Colby, Dallas's son.

"Hi baby. I'm Alaya. Im 3 and I'm your sister." She spoke sweetly to him.

I carefully took Kai from her and she held onto my neck, leaning on my back. I heard someone take a picture and turned to look who it was.

Nick was happily snapping away, capturing some beautiful moments that I would cherish forever.

d

d

dlovato: there is nothing else I need.

I checked the time and realized it was already time for Alaya's nap. Even though she just got home, and I want to be with her, I don't want to throw her off of her schedule even more.

Nick and I took the kids upstairs to my room. When I opened the door, my jaw dropped.

My parents had redone the whole room so it was more suitable for us. And they bought some stuff for us, since we didn't have anything.

There was a queen size bed that Nick and I would share, a small bed for Alaya, and a crib for Malakai

There was a queen size bed that Nick and I would share, a small bed for Alaya, and a crib for Malakai. All of that had taken so much stress off of me that I almost cried.

Nick gave me a kiss on the forehead, and put Alaya down. While he did that, I fed, burped, and changed Malakai and he was instantly asleep.

I felt so at peace. Nick by my side and my two beautiful, perfect children.
______________________________
Short chapter i know. This is the last chapter of this book, however i will be writing an epilogue about them. I just feel like this book is ready to end, and it's time for other projects.
I love you all, stay strong. ♡
~S