15.

(I am so sorry in advance...)

"Hello this is Los Angeles County Hospital, this is the emergency contact for Mike Johnson." A voice said as I answered my phone.

I was in Nick's kitchen so I could take the call, but we had been watching a movie with Alaya.

"I-Is everything okay!?" I asked my voice shaking. There was a pause on the other line.

"Ma'am, I'm so sorry to tell you this but Mike was in a car accident and didn't make it. He died on impact. We are so sorry for your loss." The voice said.

I couldn't breath. I dropped my phone and fell to the ground. I must have screamed because Nick came running into the room.

He knelt next to me and tried asking me what was wrong. I tried talking but no words came out. I just couldn't stop crying.

He grabbed my phone and started talking to the other person. "Hello, Who is this? What happened?" He questioned and when he found out he looked at me with sad eyes.

He hung up the phone and pulled me onto his lap. I cried into him like my life depended on it. I held onto him and swore I would never let go.

"Mama? What's wong?" Alaya's voice asked me and I turned my head to look at her. My poor baby will be hurt too.

I needed to stop crying and be brave for her. She lost someone too. I hesitantly got off of Nick and sat Alaya on the ground in front of me.

"LayLay... Mike passed away baby. He is in heaven now." I told her.

I watched her eyes darken and well up with tears. Her whole face changed and she wrapped her arms around my neck. I held her close to me despite my bump being in the way.

She cried until she fell asleep in my arms. Nick took her to bed because I barely had the energy to get to the couch.

Since I told Alaya, not one tear fell. It was like I was numb. But feeling the pain still.

How could he be dead? No, that's not even true? Maybe it was a prank call? Questions ran through my mind, without any answers.

All I wanted was a drink. Just one to give me a buzz to forget. But I couldn't.

1. I'm pregnant with his son.
2. Alaya
3. Nick
4. My family

Nick came back into the room and sat next to me. "I need to go see him Nick." I said and he looked at me.

He made a call, asking Joe to come over and be here in case Alaya woke up. We got in his car and it was a silent drive over.

Not even music playing quietly in the back. Just silent. No words. Just thoughts.

When we got there, paparazzi was outside. Someone must have seen the crash and posted about it.

I felt my heartbeat quicken. Nick opened my door and we walked inside, he protected me from them.

I saw the front desk and walked up to it. "I got a call about... my boyfriend. Mike Johnson." I said and she typed into the computer.

"He is in room 219. I am so sorry for your loss." She said but I ignored her and went to find the room. Nick was shocked and ran after me.

217

218

219

I stood in front of his door, waiting to go in. I was terrified. That it would be true and he would be dead. And that he would have left me all alone.