Not Wrong But Not Right

"You know you could've said something before you did that." I said titling my head to the side.

"I need permission to post on Insta now?" He said tilting his head and smirking.

" You need permission to post me on Insta. What the hell Micah?!" I said scrunching up my face too.

"Tell me this...why you don't want me to post you?" He said locking his hands on the table.

"Micah...what are you posting me for? We aren't together. There's no need to post me." I said rolling my eyes.

"Oh so we not together now?" He said while laughing a little.

"No. We haven't had that conversation. We JUST got back cool. And after...what we did-"

"We had sex Rayne. We're old enough to not be scared of the word." He said smirking.

"Micah....Shut the fuck up. We had sex...yes but that's what it was...sex between two people."

"Yeah two people working shit out. Off that alone I have the right to post a picture with someone I'm working it out with."

"Micah..."

"Why are you trying so hard to fight against everything I do? I mean no we don't have a title on us right now, but I know you want this to work just as much as I do. An IG picture doesn't change our situation and I know that. I thought this was something that would make you happy to see. I didn't know it was gone blow up in my face on your end." He said.

"Micah I'm not trying to fight everything you do but there's a time and place for everything. And this wasn't the time or the place. A part of me appreciates it but the other part..."

"The other part what?"

"The other part of me is still skeptical about....us. I dont want to be skeptical but I am and you can't blame me for that. I'm trying to ease my insecurities about our relationship just as much as you're trying to fix it, but can you blame me? Im scared that I'm jumping in too soon. I'm scared that down the line...this isn't going to work. I don't want to be heartbroken by you again. Cause that time would be on me because I set myself up for you to fuck me over. Not saying you will but the possibility lays in the back of my mind all the time."

"As much as I don't want you doubt me...us. I still respect how you feel. I know it's not gone take a date and sex to unfuck up what I put you through these past couple of years but a nigga is trying to try. Am I going about it all wrong?" He asked.

"Its not wrong but it's not right Micah. First we need to slow down and really talk about the basis of our relationship right now. An-"

"We're dating." He said like it was so simple.

"Well..."

"Well what?! Isn't that what we're doing. We ain't talking that's for damn sure. But we not together so the in between would be dating until you are ready to make it official. Simple." He said. I guess it was that simple.

"Well dating comes with boundaries Micah." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"No sex, no touching, no kissing n-" I said throwing stuff out until he stopped me.

" WHAT?!? Naw this dating shit is trash. Why we gotta stop if we already doing all of that?!"

"Because Micah. We're dating. Not together."

"Naw we together now. This shit is outrageous."

"Micah."

"What?"

"You can't do that. Remember. Boundaries. Another one. No being overly possessive. I can talk to guys. I can help people. I can make my own decisions. I am my own person. I can have a friendship with Bryson. For some reason you are hell bent on me and him fucking, we're not like that."