The Cycle

"Mase. You know what she said wasn't true."I said turning to him and cupping his face between my hands. He looked so down like someone in his family just died.

"Rayne. You don't have to keep trying to protect me and make sure I'm OK. I'm fine. I just wish people would see past my disability. You know?!" He said.

"I know Mase, I understand fully. But you have to know that I'm here for you, and even Landon is here for you. We know who you really are, and what she's saying that's not you. To be honest your one of the smartest people I know." I said honestly.

He has slight short-term memory. In the past he had problems with containing and keeping what is being taught, education wise. Once he told me about his troubles with learning, I helped him out and tutored him. We found new ways for him to retain the information he was being given. He's been doing much better. But, people love to see you fail and talk about your failure but they never notice you rising up. Mason is honestly one of the smartest people I know, he just had a hard time keeping the information he was being taught inside his head.

"If you say so." He said rolling his eyes.

"No. I know so. Now cheer up. Last time I checked you had better grades than her anyway." I said rolling my eyes. Aleece is something but one day somebody gone knock her off her high ass horse, and I don't mind being that somebody.

"And how do you know my grades are better than hers?" He said fixing his backpack.

"You must have forgot that I work in the office sometimes. I know a lot of people grades.

"Naw. I just think your saying that to make me feel better." He said rolling his eyes.

"Mason" I said giving him a straight face.

"It's OK baby mama. You don't have to do all of that. I know I'm not the smartest in the bunch." He said.

"Mason you have all A's. Well except for in Government. You have a B. But no one has an A in Mr.Rodriguez class because he's an asshole. But that's besides the point. Mase your on the Honor Roll. Top 5 actually. Your smart. Don't let anyone tell you different." I said.

"Wait. I'm on Honor Roll?"

"Yes Mason"

"Nope. Your lying to me."

"Mason what do I need to lie to you for." I said giving him a face.

"I guess." He said after he thought about it more. He tried to be nonchalant about, but I knew he was really happy on the inside.

"So what's going on with ya'll now?" He asked when he saw Micah walk in with Aleece.

"He thought he was gone disrespect me and get away with it. Then he caught an attitude and now he's acting out" I said rolling my eyes at the sight of him and Aleece.

"Seriously Rayne. Why are you still with him? I mean your like a sister to me and I hate seeing your like this man. How long you gone put up with him?"

"You talking about him like ya'll not best friends." I laughed.

"Shit. On the road he's going down I'm gone drop his ass like some chewed up gum. He's just stupid and you need to leave his stupid ass."

I was about to say something but Landon hopped in.

"Do you know how many times she tried to leave his ass. That boy is a hot ass mess. It always goes like this: Micah do some stupid disrespectful shit, Rayne calls him out on it, he gets an attitude and call himself not talking to her, then he starts giving Aleece attention then she starts getting on his nerves and he realizes he misses Rayne. Rayne ignores him, then his crazy bipolar ass comes to the house and they argue, then she says " I think we need to take a break because clearly this isn't something you want, at least not with me" then he looks at her like he's going to kill her then he gives her the 'you gone leave me after all this time' speech. Then she starts thinking about all the time she put and how much she loves him then his crazy ass be like you not leaving me. Then somehow they end up fucking and everything is almost back to normal." He says and roll his eyes at the end.

"Why almost?" Mason asked with a confused face.

"Because she finds herself a little bit more every day and becomes less naive to what's going on. So it gets harder for him every time he pulls some shit." Landon said.

"Well that's understandable." Mason said.

"Yeah, but I need to find some dick like that cause it must be good if she stayed this long." Landon said looking in his phone.

"Landon shut the fuck up!"" I said.

"To be honest I'm scared to find a girl with some bomb ass head and pussy. I don't want to end up going crazy like Micah." Mason said shaking his head.

"Oh my lord" I said rolling my eyes and laughing.

"I'm dead ass Rayne. You dropped the cat and his ass did a 180. I ain't even seen bro so pressed over pussy." Mason said with a confused face.

"Mason get your head out of the gutter. My sexual activities does not need to be brought up in this conversation." I said.

"I was just saying. It's something I noticed on the down low. But I don't understand why he be acting the way he does and he got you. I mean if I had a girlfriend I would want her to be like you. Micah trippin' man and I'm not gone say shit to him when you break up with his ass." Mason said shrugging his shoulders.

I understood fully what Mason was saying. I just don't see the point in being in a relationship if your going to hide the shit it doesn't even make sense.

"I know Mase. I know." I said then walked to my class that I have with Mason, Landon, and unfortunately Micah and Aleece.

Walking into class we all sat on the same row. Mase was behind me on the last row and Landon was in front of me.