A Great Night

Rayne's POV

Dinner was nice. Other than the fact that I was so close to smacking our waitress, it was nice. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna make it through the night without giving up the goods. We are now talking about college, scholarships, and our future.

"I hope I get this scholarship to play ball. Cause thats literally the only thing I'm good at." He said looking at his hands.

"Micah football or basketball isn't the only things you're good at. You take some bomb ass pictures, you make some good ass food, you're smart as hell and if you don't get in on a sports scholarship you could get in on a academic one. Stop putting yourself down all the time." I said grabbing his hands making him look at me.

"Man what would I do without you?" He said smiling making me smile and roll my eyes.

"Yeah whatever all I know is when you become a star and get all big don't  forget about me. I need my checks in the mail" I said rubbing my fingers together and then laughing.

"Well I'm not gone have to send you the checks. You gone be there every step of the way."

"Mhmmmmm"

"What you don't believe me?"

"Well I can't tell the future. And who knows, you might fall in love with some other girl from around the way and go run off into the sunset with her."

"Baby-"

"Micah I'm just saying. No one knows what will happen in the future. We can hope that it goes our way but in most cases it never does."

"Well I know me and you gone make it."  He said nodding his head and looking around the restaurant.

"How?"

"I feel that shit. And you cant fight a feeling." He said looking back at me.

"Alright lover boy but I'm still gone need my monies." I said smirking even though I wanted to hop over this table.

"So you really gone play me out for some money. Man that's foul Rayne. I thought we was better than that."

"Yeah whatever. As long as I get my monies we gone be cool." I said with a straight face, then we started laughing

"Did you guys enjoy the meal?" The waitress said, smiling from ear to ear and only looking at Micah.

"Yes we did. May we have the check now?" I said smiling back. Oh yes sweetie, I am not the force you want to reckon with and if she didnt know, well now she knew.

"Yes, I'll have that right to you guys." She said and I saw the little eye roll she gave when she was walking away.

"Never thought I see the day again." Micah said smirking.

"What?" I said confused and sipping my
soda.

"That I'd see the Rayne cloud turn into a thunderstorm over me." He said smirking.

"Oh whatever." I laughed rolling my eyes.

"I'm serious though. I thought that, this time was gone be the end of us for real. I dont even know what was going on in my head when I was doing that dumb shit. But I'm sorry for real Rayne. And I'm changing. Real shit." He said reaching across the table and grabbing my hand.

"Alright here goes your check. I hope you enjoyed your meal. Have a nice night." She said then winked at Micah and walked off.

What does this bitch not get?

I snatched the check before Micah could pick it up.

"Rayne. What the hell?!" He said, his face starting to morph into a frown thinking I was about to pay for our food.