Starting Over

"So you really not gone tell me where we going Micah?" I said staring a hole into the side of his face.

"Baby. If I tell you, you won't be excited when we get there." He said all smug and sexy with his ugly ass.

"Micah what I tell you about the B word. You have to earn that." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Are you serious Rayne?"

"Yes. I'm not playing with you this time. When we first got together you was calling me baby the same week. I think you need to earn it this time." I said looking out of the window.

"Wow. I'm surprised you even still remember something like that."

"Yeah well I do and I'm making some much needed changes."

Yeah and the weekend is only half the battle

"Alright! whatever you say. I'll do it." He said putting his hands up quickly then putting them back on his wheel.

"Yeah I know you will." I said smiling at him brightly.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

"Micah I said no nice places." I said giving him the side eye.

"Baby it's not even all that. Once you get in it's gonna feel just right." He said smiling at me.

He better be lucky he cute or he would get drop kicked.

Getting inside of the restaurant it didn't look too fancy. I guess all the stuff outside is to attract the people.

"See not so bad inside huh?" He said smirking at me. I couldn't do anything but roll my eyes. He really irritates my soul.

We were led to our table and given our menus.

"Well how am I doing so far?" He asked.

"Really Micah?"

"Yes really. I need to know. We never really did this back then and I'm just tryna see how I'm doing so far. Is that so bad?"

"No it's not bad Micah but the date isn't even over yet. I think you can buy some time. Nothing has really happened yet. But if it makes you feel better, so far, it's going good." I said looking through my menu and stealing a peek at his big goofy grin from behind my menu.

"Good evening. My name is Heaven and thank you for coming to PoCho's. Can I start you off with something to drink?" She said nicely, but the look wasn't translating to the face. She was staring at my man like he was a piece of fucking meat in a cage full of wild animals. I couldn't help but roll my eyes. The girl had to be in like her early 20s.

"Yes, can I get a sprite and he'll have a cherry coke. thanks."I said then gave her a fake smile. She wrote it down then gave me a stank fake smile and walked away.

He too young for your ass anyway sis.

"Awwww you still remember my favorite drink" He said touching his heart.

"Calm down kid. It's hard to forget when that's the only soda you drink." I said rolling my eyes.

"Mhmmmmm."He hummed looking back at his menu.

"So what you gone get?" He asked still looking at his menu.

"I'm getting Chicken Strips and fries and for an appetizer I'm getting spinach artichoke dip and mozzarella sticks. I've been craving some mozzarella sticks." I said closing my menu since I knew what I wanted.

"I think imma get the western burger with extra guacamole. Hopefully they bring me some soft fries cause last time I came they was hard as hell."He said rolling his eyes and sitting back.

"You and your soft fries." I smirked shaking my head.

"You already know baby."He said looking into my eyes. I was about to say something to him but the waitress came back with our drinks.

"Alright. I got a sprite and a cherry coke. I added cherries in there just for a little extra touch."She said sitting the coke right in front of Micah. Before he could say thank you and give this bitch hope I interrupted.

"We are ready to order. I said making her look from Micah to me.

"Alright what do you guys want?" She said taking out her little iPad.

"Can we get the Spinach and artichoke dip and mozzarella sticks as our appetizer. I would like the Chicken Strips and fries and he wants the western burger with extra guac. Thanks." I said grabbing his menu and handing both of our menus to her.

"Alright. That stuff will be right out." She said starting to walk away until Micah stopped her.

"Excuse me." He said making both of our heads snap to him. She came waltzing back to our table with a big ass smile on her face.

"Can I get my fries soft please. Last time y'all gave me some hard ass crunchy ass fries and my teeth almost came out of my damn mouth." He said then looked away from her and back to me.

"O-of course. Everything will be out in a moment." She said then walked away.

"Alright back to you. What's been going on with you?" Micah said sipping his drink.

"Micah. Why are you asking me this like you don't see me everyday?" I said shaking my head and rolling my eyes.

"Well you been blowing a nigga off. And I've been preoccupied with some other things that keep me from knowing what's been going on in my girls life."

"Well if you must know. I'm doing great in all of my classes as always. Wendy's is still my favorite spot. Ya other little girlfriend still be mean mugging me from across the way and that's OK as long as she knows she will get dragged if she steps to me. This winter formal shit is wearing me out." I said rolling my eyes.

I'm still helping plan winter formal and if God doesn't send me strength everyday I dont know who does. I don't want to feel like I'm taking over too much and stepping on toes but sometimes I have to Kirk Franklin stomp on them bitches cause they just be all outta wack.

"Awwwww look at my baby all stressed out. You know I could fix that for you and relieve some stress." He said smirking.

"Micah. If you don't stop at this damn dinner table. I will smack you. You can't be talking to me like that in public."

"Why. You getting wet for me?" He said looking me in my eye while leaning up to the table.

Hey Lord it's me again. Now look. I'm not tryna buss it wide open for this man when we leave up outta here so please send me the strength to turn the other cheek lord. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

I said a quick prayer while looking at Micah. His eyes have turned from their playful glint to his dark bedroom eyes and from experience I knew what he was thinking about.

Bitch we are not gonna make it out of this on the winning side.

"Moving on." I said after clearing my throat. It was starting to get a little hot and cramped up in here.

"Naw going back. Is you horny or what?" He said bluntly.

"Micah why do you have to be so blunt about everything?"

"Cause what I'm gone beat around the bush for. You know I ain't doing that shit, especially with you. We adults and we know what it is. You ain't even gotta answer me at this point cause I know what it is." He said smirking.

"Oop. Now wait a minute. What if I'm dry as the Sahara?! How would you feel about that?" I said sitting up and folding my arms.

"I mean I don't know what I would do in that situation but I know what situation I'm in and that's definitely not it." He said.

"Mhmmmmm." I hummed grabbing my drink and looking away from him.

Lord where is the AC when you need it.