Reconcile

Its Saturday morning and I woke up feeling good. The game went good. The guys played like they had some damn sense and no one was fighting or arguing. I tried my best to avoid Micah cause I didn't want to deal with that at all last night. I got up out of my bed, brushed my teeth and washed my face, and headed downstairs.

It was about 7:30 in the morning and I don't know why I was in a good mood today but I decided I'm gonna make breakfast for my mom and Landon. I know Landon's gonna be up in a minute and my mom ain't gone be up till we wake her up. On Saturdays she says she's not setting no alarm for shit.

Looking in the freezer and fridge I pulled out what I was making for breakfast. Scrambles omelette eggs, bacon, sausage, country potatoes, and fruit. I thought about making French toast but we don't have the bread for it so I just settled for that. I got everything out and started cooking. I put on a pot to boil water for my potatoes. I sat down at the island to cut up the potatoes. Thats when Landon walked in.

"Well somebody's up early this beautiful Saturday. And you cooking! Girl you must have gotten back with Micah and got some last night." He said sitting across from me at the island laughing like he was funny.

"Landon make me stab the fuck out of you." I said raising my knife and leaning over the island towards him.

"I'm just playing Rayne. I'm just playing." He laughed.

"Whatever." I laughed too. a few moments went by silently with him on his phone and me cutting up potatoes .

"Landon that boy is really crazy." I said shaking my head.

"Liiiike we didnt know that already." He said laughing and putting down his phone.

"No Micah he really been out here tripping. Me and Bryson were talking yesterday before the game, you know about that whole situation, and Micah popped his ass up, and pressed me and Bryson. Then basically told me we getting together again." I said rolling my eyes. Landon started laughing like something was funny.

"Landon that's not fucking funny. What in the fuck am I going to do. I don't wanna deal with all this drama." I said cutting my potatoes.

"Look. Calm down Rayne. If a nappy headed ass hoe press you, then you already know we always ready to fight. but I doubt anyone would come at you sideways about you being with Micah. They would be hella surprised but I don't think they would really be mad." He said putting down his phone.

"I don't wanna have to drag nobody at that damn school especially over Micah."

"Well...sometimes you just gotta throw the hands for some shit you really want." He said getting up to get a knife and help me cut the potatoes.

"But that's the thing. I'm really at the point where I'm like do I really want to do this with him anymore."

"Well he's not giving you much of a choice."

"Micah I'm serious."

"I'm serious too." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"I mean Rayne.. he's finally making an actual effort to have a relationship with you and have it out there, I mean he could be doing it in a different way but still. He's clearly showing that he's not giving you up. Isn't that what you've been wanting."

"Yes but...I don't know. I just don't wanna get back with him and he goes back to old Micah." I said voicing how I really feel about the whole situation.

"Look. I love you more than anything in the world. I'm your brother and you know I'll always keep it a thousand with you. And even though I don't like how Micah has done things, I'm still rooting for you guys." He said putting the potatoes he cut up in the bowl.