Chapter five

The Next Day

The Next Day

Aabirah is wearing a long blue and white dress and a white hijab. She walks downstairs and stands in front of Dalaj’s door. After some secs, she sighs and knocks on the door.

The door opens, and Dalaj walks out of the house, closing the door. "What brings you here?".

"I would like to see Yasira," Aabirah replies.

"Are you sure you want to see her? Why do you want to see her?" Dalaj asks.

"I want to explain to her what she thought yesterday was wrong, and I would love to be her friend,".

"Yasira doesn’t need friends," Dalaj replies.

"Don’t be stubborn. I know you think no one will understand her, no one knows what’s wrong with her, her behaviour. I understand her. Let me befriend her,"

ᴘʀᴏᴘʜᴇᴛ ᴍᴜʜᴀᴍᴍᴀᴅ sᴀɪᴅ, “ᴋɪɴᴅɴᴇss ɪs ᴀ ᴍᴀʀᴋ ᴏғ ғᴀɪᴛʜ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴏᴇᴠᴇʀ ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ᴋɪɴᴅ ʜᴀs ɴᴏ ғᴀɪᴛʜ.”.

"You understand her?" Dalaj asks.

"I will try to understand her, please don’t stop me, I have already thought about it all night,".

"No, what you do is pity her. She has been suffering for almost six years. She has been the same since our son's death. She is afraid that I will get married again, and sometimes doesn't eat or sleep well. She loves being on her own, she also acts like a child and...,".

"I might be able to help. She needs someone who will help, understand, care, and someone different. Dalaj, please let me see her. I will leave if she doesn't want me near her."

Dalaj nods. They walk in after he opens the door.

The structure of the house is the same as Jalil and Safwa.

"She is in her bedroom. It's on the right side,".

Aabirah walks to her room, the door is open; She knocks on the door. "Assalamu Alaykum,".

Yasira looks at Aabirah standing outside while sitting on the bed. Yasira smile at her. "Come in. Who are you?".

Aabriah walks in. "It’s Aabirah. How are you?"

As she pats the space next to her, gesturing for Aabirah to sit. Aabirah sits down.

Yasira smile, staring at her. "You are beautiful,"

Aabirah smile. "Thanks. You are pretty too,".

Yasira smile. "Why are you here? No one visits me,".

Aabirah holds her hands. "I like you. I would love to be your friend.".

Yasira smile. "Did you see my Taj?".

"Taj?" Aabirah remembers Taj was their son who died in an accident six years ago.

"Yes, My son must be learning with his father, my son loves learning new things. Many people think he has died, but I know he is alive.".

"He is alive. I believe must be with his father," Aabirah says.

Dalaj walks into the room.

Yasira stands up and walks to him. "Where is Taj? She wants to see him,".

Dalaj helps her sit back on the bed and says. "You have to sit down. I will bring you breakfast.".

"Take care of her," Dalaj says to Aabirah.
Aabirah nods.

Yasira holds Aabirah's hand. "I would like to see Taj, can you call him for me?"

Dalaj walks out of the room.

"We should wait for Taj's father to come," Aabirah replies.

Aqila enters the room. “Maama,” Aqila leans on Yasira as she climbs on top of the bed.

“Who are you?” Aqila asks, staring at Aabirah.

Aabirah asks, "do you know Hala?".

"Hala is my cousin and my best friend. We are in the same school and class.". Aqila replies.

Aabirah smiles and says, "I am her aunt… Aabirah,".

"You are beautiful," Aqila says.

Aabirah smile, "Thank you. You are very cute,".

Aqila smiles.  Aabirah looks at Yasira, who is staring at the door. "Taj," Yasira says.

Dalaj walks in, with a tray of breakfast. “Are you hungry, sweetheart?”

“I am starving,” Aqila replies.

“Let’s all have breakfast,”

Aabirah stands up. "I'll get going now,".

Dalaj keeps the tray on the bed. "You should have breakfast with us.".

“No, I have to leave. Aqila, will you come and play with me and Hala?

Aqila smile. “I will come,”

Aabirah is walking out of the room "Call Taj to have breakfast, too," Yasira says to Dalaj.

***

What do you think about the story so far? comments...

What do you think about Dalaj and Yasira?