Chapter eight

Aabirah is swinging on the swing in the playground, smiling and humming a song, Maher Zain’s song.

Dalaj walks to her. "Assalamu Alaikum,".

"Wa’alaikum Salaam,". Aabirah smiles as she stops the swing.

"You must be here if you are not at Jalil's, or with Yasira," Dalaj smile.

“Hala and Aqila are in school and Yasira... where is she?” Aabirah asks.

"She went home. I want to express my gratitude in the most sincere way for what you have been doing for my wife. She has become a better person.".

Aabirah smiles and says, "you don't have to thank me, I told you that. But I accept your gratitude most sincerely.".

"May Allah rewards you, and your family, with the highest level in Jannah for your generous assistance to my wife in her moment of need,".

"Amin. May Allah reward us all and guides us to the right path,".

"Amin,".

"Are you not going to the flower shop?". Aabirah asks.

"I will go now. I want to make sure I thank you before I leave.".

Aabirah stares at him as he walks away. “Aabirah... what’s wrong with you, do you feel something for the man or what? He is married to a woman he loves so much... Are you saying that you can be his second wife... of course not, he will never have a second wife talk less of choosing you... are you talking to yourself again... no you are not...,”

***

Aabirah walks upstairs and opens the door. Safwa is sitting in the living room.
"Watching your series?"

"A Turkish series,"

“Whatever...,” Aabirah replies, opening the refrigerator and taking a water bottle.

Safwa laughs, her attention is still on the TV.

“Are you not going to school... I mean, work, to the hospital?” Aabirah walks to her and sits next to her on the sofa.

"I'm not feeling great, so I'm off duty. Yesterday a patient I attend to... a pregnant woman, she died leaving her child,"

“Inalilahi wa Ina ilahi raji’un... May Allah expand her grave and give her eternal peace. Allah is always merciful towards people who believe in him,”

Surah Al Imran (3:185)

كُلُّ نَفْسٍ ذَائِقَةُ الْمَوْتِ ۗ وَإِنَّمَا تُوَفَّوْنَ أُجُورَكُمْ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ ۖ فَمَنْ زُحْزِحَ عَنِ النَّارِ وَأُدْخِلَ الْجَنَّةَ فَقَدْ فَازَ ۗ وَمَا الْحَيَاةُ الدُّنْيَا إِلَّا مَتَاعُ الْغُرُورِ

ᴋᴜʟʟᴜ ɴᴀғsɪɴ ᴛʜᴀɪǫᴀᴛᴜ ᴀʟᴍᴀᴡᴛɪ ᴡᴀɪɴɴᴀᴍᴀ ᴛᴜᴡᴀғғᴀᴡɴᴀ ᴏᴊᴏᴏʀᴀᴋᴜᴍ ʏᴀᴡᴍᴀ ᴀʟǫɪʏᴀᴍᴀᴛɪ ғᴀᴍᴀɴ ᴢᴜʜᴢɪʜᴀ ᴀᴀᴀɴɪ ᴀʟɴɴᴀʀɪ ᴡᴀᴏᴅᴋʜɪʟᴀ ᴀʟᴊᴀɴɴᴀᴛᴀ ғᴀǫᴀᴅ ғᴀᴢᴀ ᴡᴀᴍᴀ ᴀʟʜᴀʏᴀᴛᴜ ᴀʟᴅᴅᴜɴʏᴀ ɪʟʟᴀ ᴍᴀᴛᴀᴀᴀᴜ ᴀʟɢʜᴜʀᴏᴏʀɪ

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒍 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒕𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉: 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝑱𝒖𝒅𝒈𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒃𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒖𝒍𝒍 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒆. 𝑶𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒂𝒓 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒊𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒅𝒎𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑮𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒃𝒋𝒆𝒄𝒕 (𝒐𝒇 𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆): 𝑭𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏.

"Amin. Did you meet Dalaj today? Jalil told me that his wife had left."

"Yes, we met in the garden,"

"So,  if he asks you to marry him, will you? what do you think about it?"

“Stop talking nonsense. I'm going to my room,” Aabirah says, standing up.

“Do you want me to wake you up for Dhuhr?”

Aabirah walking towards the pathway that leads to the rooms. "Of course, madam," replies Aabirah with a laugh.

Safwa chuckles. "I will wake you up Aabi,"

They laugh.

Aabirah walks inside her room. She is going to lie down on the bed. Her phone starts ringing, she picks up the phone and sees Ummi.

She holds her phone to her ear."Assalam Alaikum... How are you, Ummi?".

"Wa’alaikum Salaam. Alhamdulilah, my darling Aabi. How are you?"

"Alhamdulilah,".

"I called you because someone came to ask for your hand in marriage."

"Ummi... I am still young and not ready for marriage.".

"Maybe you will change your mind if I tell you who. Yesterday he came with Jalil. Jalil’s brother, Dalaj,".

Her heart skips a beat and she can't believe what she is hearing.  Dalaj wants to marry her?

"Are you there? Can you hear me?" Safna asks.

“Dalaj?” Aabirah asks, with a calm voice.

"What do you say, yes, my love? Do you want to accept the proposal?"

Tears flow from Aabirah’s eyes. "Dalaj?" She asks, again.

"Do you accept his proposal? We will not force you, your father also said the same. My darling, Jalil has a lot of praise for him and Safwa too.  We know that he has a wife and two children Taj and Aqila. Taj has passed away. May Allah grants him grants Jannatul Firdaus. Whatever you decide darling. We will search more about him too,”

The phone cut off.

Aabriah chuckles covering her mouth with her hand, tears flowing from her eyes. She still can't believe what her Ummi said. Dalaj wants to marry her?