Chapter 33

"It has been a week, he doesn't talk to me, he sleeps on the other side of the bed, I cook every day, he won't eat in the house when they are together, they will go out and eat. I have been like a total stranger to him, he doesn't even look at me…  Wallahi, I didn't take the money, I am not a thief," Aabirah says tears flowing from her eyes. "I am not a thief,"

Safwa hugs her, patting her back. "Everything will be alright, I promise you."

Safwa disengages the hug, wiping her tears. "I trust you… I know my sister is not a thief, should I talk to him?" 

Aabirah shakes her head. "Don't do that," 

Safwa holding her wrist and looking at her eyes.  "Aabi… when last did you have your period?" 

"You know I usually have irregular periods, it has been two months," 

"Two months?"

"I haven't had my period since I returned," 

"You supposed to be having your period now…, why don't we go to the clinic I work in," 

"What happened? It is stressed," 

"Rafiqa?" Safwa called. 

Rafiqa walks to the living room with Alman in her hand. 

"Please take care of Alman, I will be out for an hour," 

"Okay," 

***  

Ayaat picks up her phone and calls Dalaj. 

"Assalamu Alaykum," Dalaj says from the other side. 

"Wa'alaykum Salaam brother… I want to talk to you tonight at your house," 

"What's up? Do you need anything?" 

"Opposite. I think you will be the one needing something, it is very important," Ayaat says.

"I will meet you there," 

Dalaj cut the call entering Jalil's office. "please…," 

"I will off the AC…," Jalil says laughing.

"Can you come to my house tonight… Ayaat want to talk to me, I don't know what," 

Dalaj says sitting down facing Jalil, rubbing his head. "my headache is increasing every day," 

"What you are having is stress… Dalaj I won't stop telling, what you are doing to Aabirah is wrong, if anyone comes and tell me Aabirah stole money I won't trust that person, maybe your other wife I will," Jalil says. 

"How can a money magical disappear overnight, and I trust yasira won't take the money, because she always asks me money if she wants it or ask me to buy something for her,"

"And Aabirah don't? I am afraid for you if one day you found out the truth, and then it will be too late," Jalil says.

***

Dalaj walks inside the house. Yasira walks to him. "I am hungry," 

"Is there no food in the house?" 

"There are no groceries," Yasira says pouting her lips, as she pecks his lips. 

"Let's go and eat. Buy some groceries," 

Yasira holds his hand, as they walk out.  

***

Aabriah walks inside the house and looks around finding it empty. She walks to her room and walks inside the toilet to perform ablution, she pray Asr. She does her Azkar and duas and carries the holy Qur'an and starts reading.

Aabirah reading the Qur'an can hear Dalaj and Yasira's laughter, tears flow down her eyes.

Surah Al-Ḥadīd (Verses 16)

۞ أَلَمْ يَأْنِ لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَنْ تَخْشَعَ قُلُوبُهُمْ لِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ وَمَا نَزَلَ مِنَ الْحَقِّ وَلَا يَكُونُوا كَالَّذِينَ أُوتُوا الْكِتَابَ مِنْ قَبْلُ فَطَالَ عَلَيْهِمُ الْأَمَدُ فَقَسَتْ قُلُوبُهُمْ ۖ وَكَثِيرٌ مِنْهُمْ فَاسِقُونَ

Alam yani lillatheena amanoo an takhshaAAa quloobuhum lithikri Allahi wama nazala mina alhaqqi wala yakoonoo kaallatheena ootoo alkitaba min qablu fatala AAalayhimu alamadu faqasat quloobuhum wakatheerun minhum fasiqoona

Has not the Time arrived for the Believers that their hearts in all humility should engage in the remembrance of Allah and of the Truth which has been revealed (to them), and that they should not become like those to whom was given Revelation aforetime, but long ages passed over them and their hearts grew hard? For many among them are rebellious transgressors.

Three Days on the same day, another is coming.